If you are wondering how is the biker life in Europe...

Solyom

Donating Member
Registered
Hi,

Just a snapshot from Europe.

The reflection of motorcycle "freedom" in Europe
(Turn on captions and select auto translate to english. )

It is in some parts of Europe, but it spreads like an infection as it fills the piggy bank on the expense of our after tax income. I am always wondering when they are talking about how many motorcycle accident scenes they were and how tragic is that (which those truly are), but how many garages were they when other 99.99% of riders arrived home in safety and joined their families for dinner. Just to have it balanced in their experience.

If I am a mechanic, who specified to restore old cars I should not preach that every car is a rusty junk... however if I sell rust prevention products I may or may not use tricks to create solid pipeline of incoming business via "force" people to buy my stuff.

I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:
It will be always difficult to make justice between different people in the same area. I mean if you are hiker you have been annoyed by bikers because of "loud" pipes, if you are a biker you may be annoyed by hiker groups floating around the road (as the road is designated for cagers and bikers), if you are a forest worker you will be annoyed by hobbist offroaders, if you are local you will be annoyed by ... and the list goes on. At the end of the day those will be harassed by the police who are the minority as the law enforcement will always "serve" (push through) the will of the majority (at least in power). In this case the bikers are very low on the food chain. Anyway, this is what it is, what makes me worry, that I see police can connect this with money collection same time covering this "operation" with law and the idea of prevention and as all good business idea, copied by pride of other countries.

The young pal, who did 100km/h on straight road where there was 60km/h limit says in disbelief it is BS. As 100 km/h in straight, low (almost no) traffic with full visibility how on earth can be subject of 320€ fine.

Back