Is this cringey or cool?

Cruising180

Registered
I'm not the buy every Busa branded part and make my bike look like I'm a closeted HD boy but for some reason this doesn't strike me as that. We all know the bikes I'm talking about. Every bolt, cover, cap, lever, peg, seat, grip all either say Hayabusa or have the Kanji on it. That's not me. Anyway, what do you all think about this?

Tricked Out Cycles| Shop Motorcycle Parts

I had a 1995 SpeedTriple 885 and put green and purple neon, yes actual neon tubes under the tail. It was subtle but I liked it and made me more noticeable in the dark. I think this might be understated but enough to grab the right amount of attention.

I only added two more that came with the bike but the rest are overkill in my opinion.

I'm not the buy every Busa branded part and make my bike look like I'm a closeted HD boy but for some reason this doesn't strike me as that. We all know the bikes I'm talking about. Every bolt, cover, cap, lever, peg, seat, grip all either say Hayabusa or have the Kanji on it. That's not me. Anyway, what do you all think about this?

it is simply the question how much money one wants to invest ,or harsher said, waste .

my '00 is almost in original condition - without any frills
apart from superbike handlebars, brembo radial-masters, a wilbers shock absorber and the very stable carrier from sw-motech for a 40 liter top case
(and the switch from ext. fuel pump to internal ! with the orignal ´00 tank (not yet mounted) .

I wouldn't buy it for myself, but I think it looks cool and not cringey like most Hayabusa-branded parts.

EDIT: I'm lying to myself. I'd buy it if it wasn't so expensive. :p

It's a good question. I'm mentally tossing a coin about getting a dedicated Hayabusa carpet right now.

Maybe a good perspective would be entertainment. You can divide it into lean forward or lean back. You are engaged and leaning in with a book, you lean back and switch off the brain with TV.
A Hayabusa rider can either know that people will be checking out his bike, or WANT them to. Obviously wanting them to might swing toward the cringe side. On the other hand if you are really buying it because you like looking at it, that tilts the other way.

Having said that I kind of like the windscreen, it would be subtle during the day, and I assume the lights can be wired to a switch so you can kill them at will at night. I'm 50/50...

I'm not that guy either, but I have to say I do love my handlebar reservoir covers. I guess it's been 24 years or so since I first saw them and had to have them on my gen 1. And gen 3:

Reservoir covers.jpg

Back