Just bought 2022 in black

Kevin Cease

Registered
Hi everyone, I just got a brand new 2022 busa in black/gold. It will be delivered tomorrow (Saturday.) it’s my birthday gift to myself. I grew up on bikes. My first bike being a Vstar when I was 15, and my last bike being a FZ1.

I spent the day at Cycle Gear buying what I could get. Wife bought me $550 Dianese boots! Picked up an Arai helmet for $900! Waiting for coats and pants to arrive tomorrow.

I’ve been off bikes for around 12 years. I’m not ashamed to admit my heart is pounding when I am imagining the weight and positioning of the bike. Ive never been bent over so far in a bike before. I respect the hell out of it. The guys at cycle gear are gonna help me get in an advanced course.

I will have an absurd amount of questions I’m guessing. I’m excited to get to know this bike. I’ve wanted a busa since I can remember, I think around age 16! This is it finally! I am 39 now!
I’m always open to advice. Let me have it if you have any. Thanks!

Congrats and welcome! Great community here with lots of information. Feel free to ask. Please post pics once you get her. We like those!

Thats whats gonna make ownership so good and potentially life saving seeing as ya been off bikes for 12 years.
Congrats on your purchase :thumbsup:
It sure feels like yesterday. If I wasn’t getting on a busa I am not so sure I’d bother

Welcome and good bike choice, you can't go wrong with a Hayabusa of any generation.

Firstly, it is just a bike, it only does what you tell it to do and they are pretty docile unless you make them otherwise. Go light on the throttle and you'll be good to go.

I'm sure you will read the owner's manual to figure out all the settings.

Hi everyone, I just got a brand new 2022 busa in black/gold. It will be delivered tomorrow (Saturday.) it’s my birthday gift to myself. I grew up on bikes. My first bike being a Vstar when I was 15, and my last bike being a FZ1.

I spent the day at Cycle Gear buying what I could get. Wife bought me $550 Dianese boots! Picked up an Arai helmet for $900! Waiting for coats and pants to arrive tomorrow.

I’ve been off bikes for around 12 years. I’m not ashamed to admit my heart is pounding when I am imagining the weight and positioning of the bike. Ive never been bent over so far in a bike before. I respect the hell out of it. The guys at cycle gear are gonna help me get in an advanced course.

I will have an absurd amount of questions I’m guessing. I’m excited to get to know this bike. I’ve wanted a busa since I can remember, I think around age 16! This is it finally! I am 39 now!
I’m always open to advice. Let me have it if you have any. Thanks!
Great score bro , excellent birthday gift and you got a great missus too by the sounds , letting you rip again after a respite . Just enjoy your time getting to know the bike , dont worry about testing chit out , plenty of future time for that . Wont be long till you have got rid of the rust , and you are back in the saddle and at peace with the crazy tintops and bonding love with your ride .
Be looking forward to hearing how you progress bro , welcome and congrats .

Also I should introduce myself, I’m Kevin I live in Vegas, I’m an artist and weightlifter, thanks for letting me be a part of this group!
Hi Kevin! and a big warm welcome from all the regulars here, we like new members that introduce themselves and ask questions . . great choice of bike and as Toad said, just take your time and familiarise yourself with the Busa, can be very docile and easy to ride at low revs, but when opened up, very exciting too!
The Busa has one of the most user friendly engines in the motorcycle realm EVER.
Extremely broad power range but also very very torqey at lower revs.
You will love it.
Kiwi.

Here she is. They forgot to bring me the manual…

423CDFD2-883D-4A49-AE5F-1B20610C833A.jpeg

81456F3A-A963-4349-B424-9BFE6E88BEDA.jpeg

6447ADD7-170F-4534-B9A1-85E9F741D59A.jpeg

34614BC7-33E8-4FDE-806B-58D7D03417B1.jpeg

Hi, I’m seeing that I can change gears without using the clutch? How is that possible? I don’t want to just jam on the gear shifter without understanding how this works. Is it a riding mode? I’m a newb.

Yup - Quickshifter
Quick read..

Back