Just got a 08 Busa What do you guys think?

psyops

Registered
Just picked me up a Deployment gift for when I get back from down range . Im not even close to coming back to the states but I couldnt help from buying a Busa. I have always wanted one and now I have one.

What do you guys think, I got a 2008 Blue/Gold Hayabusa with 3k miles on it, has a R-77 Full Carbonfiber exhaust, Ivan retarder(w/e its called), Powercommander with Custom map, and Corbin Gel seat. Paying 7900 for it, pretty good deal ?

Was wondering I read all the problems it could have like starting when hot or shifting from neutral to first, anything else I should look at when i first get it, as far as Busa specific, I know about regular **** like frame dmg, forks, engine all that crap just maybe things that are specific to busas if any. Thanks again!

:welcome:aboard and congrats, you'll here all the things you should and shouldn't do, sounds like you got a great deal. :thumbsup: Me personally I'd lose the TRE (timing retard eliminator). Thanks for your service, stay safe and post some pics of her when you get a chance.

What does it do actually, I have no clue. Only things I had on my bike prior was Power commander and Slip on.

It derestricts the bike, but puts you in a 5th gear map throughout all the gears, I don't like that. You can flash the ECU now and do the same thing plus a lot of other goodies.:thumbsup: Take your time and read up on your bike; this forum has excellent advice and people who can help you with any and everything.

Just picked me up a Deployment gift for when I get back from down range . Im not even close to coming back to the states but I couldnt help from buying a Busa. I have always wanted one and now I have one.

What do you guys think, I got a 2008 Blue/Gold Hayabusa with 3k miles on it, has a R-77 Full Carbonfiber exhaust, Ivan retarder(w/e its called), Powercommander with Custom map, and Corbin Gel seat. Paying 7900 for it, pretty good deal ?

Was wondering I read all the problems it could have like starting when hot or shifting from neutral to first, anything else I should look at when i first get it, as far as Busa specific, I know about regular **** like frame dmg, forks, engine all that crap just maybe things that are specific to busas if any. Thanks again!

just maybe things that are specific to busas if any.

Hang On !!!

Congrats on the purchase (good deal!) and :welcome: to the board!

Ride safe, have fun; stick around awhile! :beerchug:

Enjoy the ride when you get home. After all you bought the fastest color :thumbsup:

:welcome: aboard and be sure to post pics when you can.

:usa::usa::usa:

im just about to go home from down range aswell my wife bought me one before i went home on leave its a great bike ull love it hooah

You could swap out the tre for a switchable version from Smithbusa. It leaves the bikes map alone except ofr 6th gear, which is replaced by the mapping to 5th. Other than that the only issue with the Gen 2 is that it's too damn sexy. :thumbsup:

Congrats! Personally I would throw the TRE in the trash, GPS Mod or ECU Flash instead. Other than that... should have got orange/black. :thumbsup:

Congrats! Personally I would throw the TRE in the trash, GPS Mod or ECU Flash instead. Other than that... should have got black. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg. Some models had an electrical recall. As far as starting problems, mine had this happen once when it was new, but I haven't had it happen since.

Back