Just joined the busa community!

Vtakt67

Registered
Hello everyone! I just got lucky and stumbled across this 100% virgin 2003 busa here locally. The owner was in his early 50's, bike had 5400 miles, new metzeler tires, new brakes, and was absolutely PRISTINE. I have yet to find a blemish anywhere, IM STOKED! He had a collection of bikes, and needed to get rid of one, so i got her for $8k. This is my actual first bike, and i must say, i glad i went the route i did. This thing is amazing, and i look forward to learning more about it with your guys' help! On to the pics, (which dont do justice), ill get some professional grade pics up by the weekend.

busa.JPG

busa2.JPG

busa3.JPG

busa4.JPG

Right now the grab bar is removed, and the cowl is on ;)
beerchug.gif

Congrats and welcome!

Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ...

Very nice and good choice in color/year, if I might say so myself
smile.gif

Stay safe and ride at your own pace...get some good gear as well! Congrats, welcome to the oRg!
beerchug.gif

Thanks for all the welcome guys! I have some new gear on the way. Shoei RX-1000 helmet, Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket, and some joe rocket gloves. I just got back in from the garage doing the stock exhaust mod
smile.gif
She sounds like a real bike now....until my brock/hindle system gets here
firedevil.gif

Some "free" mods would include getting those reflectors off and get some "Goo Gone" and take all the warning stickers off...
smile.gif

Oh look, a shameless pic of my Busa, same year as yours LOL
biggrin.gif

sm_horg_busa.JPG

(VaBusa @ May 14 2007,07:42) Some "free" mods would include getting those reflectors off and get some "Goo Gone" and take all the warning stickers off...
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I got the warning stickers off the fairings, and the one on the tank as well. Reflectors are off, but i can't seem to get the brackets for the rear ones to come off. The screws are a major PITA. Is there a nut backing those screws? I definetly need an undertail as well

(Vtakt67 @ May 14 2007,11:07)
(VaBusa @ May 14 2007,07:42) Some "free" mods would include getting those reflectors off and get some "Goo Gone" and take all the warning stickers off...  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I got the warning stickers off the fairings, and the one on the tank as well. Reflectors are off, but i can't seem to get the brackets for the rear ones to come off. The screws are a major PITA. Is there a nut backing those screws? I definetly need an undertail as well
I recall the rear reflectors being a huge PITA, but since I had the hubby taking 'em off, I didn't see what the problem was
biggrin.gif

Tons of info on undertails on here...you'll find the one that best suits what you want, or opt to cut that rear fender a bit to clean up the back; a lot of members do that as well...don't know why Suzuki keeps putting the mud flaps on
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Great looking scoot - but I swear that I went back and looked at your pics after Va Busa posted up and your chicken strips looked bigger?

Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself the right way.

(MC MUSTANG @ May 14 2007,11:21) Great looking scoot - but I swear that I went back and looked at your pics after Va Busa posted up and your chicken strips looked bigger?

Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself the right way.
You're just cruel man...just downright mean...
tounge.gif

Back