Laminar Lip mod

epicrisis

Registered
Hi all. I read in a mag about this mod, and I was wondering if anyone has tried it? It looks kinda goofy, but I do long distances all the time and I'd love the extra protection it claims to provide. Anyone ever try it?:

hayabusa.jpg

Actually looks pretty good to me. A "touring" fairing that can be removed in seconds for the 95% of time I'm NOT touring.

Josh.

Not tried it myself, but I've found that some wind pressure takes the weight off the wrists on long crusies.

My ZG doubble bubble left a nice amount of pressure for a 3 and a half day 3500km trip.

I dont think it would have been as easy without it.

Just a thought.
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Ross

I seem to be pretty satisfied with the ZG spout touring sheild granted i hear Pyramid has on that give your alot more not to mention the busa windsheild is easy to replace when ya get done touring ya can just swap it out

As for the Laminar lip never seen one but from the reading looks like it would work well

..I seriously doubt that it would work as planned, since it leaves a huge gap between the w/screen and add-on.. Granted, the add-on REDIRECTS air-flow way up, but I think it would still be a mess in-between..

..I'm sticking with my MRA DB..
smile.gif

It does work there was a post on this mod some time ago... Try doing a search

it does work, I had it, but switched to a double bubble for looks, so if you want it you can have it for $30 shipped in the USA

CorrrodedAlien has it on his Busa and said it works great. Doesn't look bad, just gives the Busa a different look.

I went to their site for more info and noticed that they state the Lip will only fit sportbikes with the stock windscreen, yet the photo of the Busa on their site (same one as in epicrisis' post, above) clearly shows it being used with a Double Bubble. I sent them an email request for clarification yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Ed

Back