LEO Moto BLUE LED ???

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
OKAY, for all those LEO oRg members I have a question or for anyone, really, that's already asked this question to someone in Law Enforcement that rides a moto.....

I have wondered, and wouldn't mind installing a set of blue LED's in the license plate frame or undertail area as to call more attention to the rearend while driving at night.  It's impossible to get enough attention in a town like Vegas as we have "THE WORST" driving population in the continental United States.  

Can we, or can't we
rock.gif

I've tailed "many" a moto LEO and marvelled at how noticeable the back end is even at a mile's distance.  It gets your attention, and would be one more thing to keep the Ol' Spudley from ending up as roadkill...........
super.gif

Just curious.....
dunno.gif

You'll get noticed by the LEOs, who'll write you a nice fixit ticket. Blue lights are not allowed on any vehicle other than police/emergency. Red lights are typically not allowed on the front of a non-official vehicle.

If you want to get noticed, check out Hyper-Lites - red LED bars that flash when you apply brakes.

no problem here, most officers around here do not care.
about 5 percent of the time the state boys might say something.

In North Bama if your riding a sportbike it is illegal. On a Harley not a word will be said about it.
argue.gif

They are just starting to crack down on the blue ones here in arkansas(on sportsbikes anyway)

Anyone have the scoop for good 'ole NC?  Can we have blue LED's or anything but blue or red???  I want to put some blue LED's in the fairing's near my grills.  I drive so fast I get a blue shift anyway, anyone else have this problem?
race.gif

OKAY,

I then need to take this next door to the local moto LVMPD officer I occasionally, I said occasionally, shoot the proverbial SHID with. They just traded him out from HD to BMW. You guys gotta see his front brakes. Gave him a big smile when I noticed them. He says the BMW manuevers MUCH better.
cool.gif

I'm taking it that this might be a locality issue. We get away with a lot around here......
super.gif

Much thanks on the input. You guys ROCK !!!!

In South Florida Red & Blue will get written up. On South Beach they write you up for anything, even your undertail.

Back