Long Shoulder bodywork bolts

pwhittle

Registered
Feel free to ridicule me for such a boring post, but I just sold my 2000 Busa and bought a 2003 and spent today going over the whole bike and had the side panels and the tail off.

I know that the bodywork bolt through the inner panels under the gauges has a longer shoulder that the rest, and that some have bigger heads for the sides.

When I finished putting it all back together, I had one long shoulder bolt to go in a place that only takes a regular shoulder bolt and I could not find anywhere that would take the long shoulder bolt.

Where does the other long-shoulder bolt go?

Thanks

Paul

Without seeing the bike, I would start with the spot just below the gauges but I believe that is a short shoulder. Then I would go back through and check all the bolts and see where you put a short shoulder that should have been a long shoulder.

i have a 2003 Ann edition and have the same problem. I know when i changed my oil i removed only the right side fairing and did have one screw with the longer lenght shoulder.recently took off all body work and have one left again but cant figure it yet. I think it belongs on the right bottom(the one that holds the lower cross bracket underneath. ANYBODY HELP!!!!
rock.gif

This would be the first time I had that one off. I have a Yoshimura full system on. Perhaps with the standard exhaust, there is another piece for one of the bolts to go through.

Paul

The long shoulder bolts go in the areas circled in yellow. Three on each side in the same area on both sides.
wink.gif

bolthelp.jpg

BulletTrain,

Thanks for the reply, but the extra one I have has the same soize head as the rest of the bodywork bolts. It is the same as the one that holds the two inner panels below the gauges.

Paul

Ok, I just pulled every single body fastener out of my busa ('03) and checked them. The ONLY small headed bolt that had a longer shoulder was the one directly below the LCD odometer display... here. If you have one from somewhere else maybe the factory or the dealer had yer bike apart and came up with a wrong bolt from somewhere. Hope this helps...

bolthelp.jpg

BulletTrain,

Thanks for your efforts. I was starting to suspect that as I had only seen one on my 2000 Busa and noone else let me know where it goes.

I will get another bolt from the dealer.

Paul

That would be great. I ride up around Toosy's and TWO most Sundays. Not tomorrow as I am taking an ERC to touch up on my low-speed skills, but I should be around next weekend.

Paul

I haven't made it to North Ga yet. I actually live West of ATL. I usually ride Cheaha Mountain in Alabama. I've been to Pine Mountain, too. I want to make it up to North Ga soon, but it won't be next weekend. I'll be workin' then... Maybe I can make it up there soon and ride with ya. I need someone to show me around up there. I've got some routes saved to GPS but haven't had time to mount the GPS on the busa yet. Gotta fabricate a mounting bracket for where I wanna put it.
wink.gif

BulletTrain,

I would be happy to show you the area. Let me know when you may come up.

I use a Double StemStand Spider Mount http://www.spidermount.com/ with a 4" stem to mount my IQUE 3600 and a radar detector. Works a treat and does not require any mods to the Busa.

Paul Whittle

Back