Love to know

OB_Boss

Registered
Please could the fellow members let me know of any probs they have with the busa.I am about to purchase (actually was supposed to pick up bike 2 days ago)have hung of as I do not wish to be stuck with a problem.Would appreciate replies as soon as possible,thank you Boss from Australia

Picked up my Hayabusa May 8, 300miles and no problems.Tires stick like glue,gas mileage around 38mpg,performance excellent,haven't open it up yet since it is still under the warranty/breakin period.I owned a 89Gxsr1100 and a 98TL1000R and this bike blows both of them out of the water.Remember this is a First year model and you'll have bugs but Suzuki has been making these types of bikes since 85 or so with the GS1100 and then in 86 with the first GSXR1100 which is still the best first year Gsxr which is well sort after by Suzuki followers.I never see a GSXR1100 bike in the paper for sale in San Jose and if you do it is sold with in a day or 2 from the paper's add start date.The one's that don't sell well are the one's that have been modified by the owner or has had custom paints done.

I've heard of some tranny problems and some odd noises coming from motor, but my Busa is aaa ok .No problems at all here.
My Busa had 0 miles when i took delivery of it, and in 3 weekends i've put about 500 miles on it with nothing but fun. I just changed oil to Motul Synthetic Blend and have smoother shifting in tranny...but no noises like i've been reading about. The bike handles great like my GSXR1100, but has about..oh 30 more hp....!!!

I have over 3000 miles on mine and have experienced the false neutral problem. But other than that, this bike is a screamer. There are some owners out there suffering enough that I may consider going back to the dealer and getting that extended warranty though!

You won't go wrong buying this beast!

I experienced some false neutrals for the first 600 miles or so, but they were not a real problem. Moving the shifter down about 1" helped some. I'm now at 1,000 miles and they hardly occur at all anymore. Perhaps its just the parts wearing in or maybe that I'm running up to higher revs now that it's broken in. I haven't experienced any other problems and absolutely love the bike.

I've got nearly 3000 miles on my Busa purchased 6/11 with no problems as well.
The false neutrals I experienced the first few hundred miles faded quickly and disappeared completely since going synthetic at 2000 miles. It's still such a blast to ride and I try to use more of the enormous performance each time I ride. I'm STILL on the original OEM tire and I expect to see at least another 1000 miles on it!

No problems at all, false neutrals went away after 500 miles, bikes great other than the crap paint [soft, scuffs ridiculously easily, don't ride out of the dealer with a tank bra, or whatever you call them downunder].

1400 miles or so. Had a couple of false shifts in the early stages, but not in a long time. Still plenty of tire left.

If I had to go back and do it again, I would, without hesitation. I love this bike.

Nope---about 650 miles on it now. Motor is much more consistant and shifts better than new. The hesatation that I had off idle is about gone and the bike is much stronger.

Back