Maintain them chains boys

Bo_

Registered
While at the drag strip 11-17-07, Texas Raceway Kennedale I raced my 08 against an 07 Busa, somewhere near the end of the run his chain broke and wrapped up around his counter (front) sprocket and busted his motor case, oil all over the track. I looked at it and it appeared that there is a removable case behind the front sprocket so maybe he won't have to tear the entire engine down. But I said that to say this, Maintain those chains boys, I clean and lube mine after every ride and adjust as necessary. I bet that dude wishes he would have.

I made 12 passes, best was 6.742 @ 112.47 in the 1/8th. I spanked a ZX10, Gixxer 1K, first Gen Busa and several others. I got spanked by two stretched and lowered "drag bikes" but beat all stock length bikes that I ran.

The Boo is hard to get out of the hole without wheeliing, and sometimes if it hooked in 2nd it would carry the wheel about 6 inches off the track all the way thru 2nd, felt awesome, other times it would break loose in 2nd and smoke the tire all the way thru. It speed shifts nice thru the gears and felt real stable. It never overheated even when I made five passes right in a row without stopping the engine. Mine was the only 08 that showed up so it got quite a bit of attention being all bike drags that day. I guess the slipper clutch worked fine cause I was having to get out of it pretty quick at the big end and I never had any wheel hop.

OK, clean/lube and adjust them chains.

I wondered if it really had a slipper clutch - no mention of it in the handbook, and the handbook drips on about not changing down at too high a speed cos it will lock the back wheel!  I guess Suzuki forgot to update that part of the handbook.

ok so heres the question; do you need to be a scientist to be able to adjust your chain? i do not have a clue where to begin. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

Get your self a canadian mike cover and save a lot of headache!

DSC05586.jpg

While at the drag strip 11-17-07, Texas Raceway Kennedale I raced my 08 against an 07 Busa, somewhere near the end of the run his chain broke and wrapped up around his counter (front) sprocket and busted his motor case, oil all over the track. I looked at it and it appeared that there is a removable case behind the front sprocket so maybe he won't have to tear the entire engine down. But I said that to say this, Maintain those chains boys, I clean and lube mine after every ride and adjust as necessary. I bet that dude wishes he would have.

I made 12 passes, best was 6.742 @ 112.47 in the 1/8th. I spanked a ZX10, Gixxer 1K, first Gen Busa and several others. I got spanked by two stretched and lowered "drag bikes" but beat all stock length bikes that I ran.

The Boo is hard to get out of the hole without wheeliing, and sometimes if it hooked in 2nd it would carry the wheel about 6 inches off the track all the way thru 2nd, felt awesome, other times it would break loose in 2nd and smoke the tire all the way thru. It speed shifts nice thru the gears and felt real stable. It never overheated even when I made five passes right in a row without stopping the engine. Mine was the only 08 that showed up so it got quite a bit of attention being all bike drags that day. I guess the slipper clutch worked fine cause I was having to get out of it pretty quick at the big end and I never had any wheel hop.

OK, clean/lube and adjust them chains.
I've had the same thing happen to me on my 03.hopefully you are lucky enough that it didnt ruin your cases.chances are you will have to go into the engine and replace the transmission output shaft more than likely bent or broken like mine did.shifter linkage will probably need to be replaced as well as waterpump.pay attention to the shifter linkage behind the shifter cover.there are 2 roller bearings inside.and the rear has a tendancy to crack in the bearing seat.if not completely break apart.no it cannot be welded.it will stress the case and will not work properly.already been down this road.cases arent cheap either.be sure to check the output shaft.it may not be broken.but most likely is twisted.GOOD LUCK.

The billet covers won't work on the 08. I just found out for myself. The cover hits the out put shaft. The cover needs to be deeper for the 08.

Get a good chain!!!..Stock busa chains are junk period...

heavybusa,they took your weld completley off when they polished it!!!

I'm just wondering if anybody noticed the chain adjuster on the swingarm on the 08 busa it is not in the center of the swingarm and when you go to adjust the chain it moves the adjuster with the lines on it on and angle to where the top and bottom lines have a tough time lining up correctly. I have noticed this on the 08 busa's and also on my friend's 05 gixer 1000, most every other bike I seen including my 99 busa and my 04 cbr 1000 are all in the middle making it alot easier to adjust not that it's a big deal but I find it odd and that know one on the forum has ever brought this up,just my 2$...
bowdown.gif

Tsubaki Sigma

I have a ZZZ on My 1000 and don't think its too good for the Busa even though I see people running them..

Taking the weld off can cuse it to crack right there,just make them into speedbumps to retain strength...

Back