Master Cylinder swap out for PFM brakes:

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Jeff the only adjustable ratio is the AP -

#4125-2 Remote Reservoir, pull style master cylinder. Double Adjustable, lever position and piston stroke 16 - 21 mm. Forged construction. 10mm x 1.00 thread

For a mere $560 ($490 dealer)OUCH!

Matching clutch master cylinder is a #3125
Single Adjustable (lever position) remote reservoir.Cast Construction. 10mm x 1.00 thread.

A bargain $275 in comparison to the brake unit listed above

The Brembo master cylinders are not adjustable in the piston stroke, just lever position. They offer differant lever to piston radius's to achieve the differant "feel" the top of the line Brembo's are forged and considered to be a stronger part than the AP, for more than a $200 less.

I checked with the US importers and distributors, the concensus was the AP, PFM, and Brembo all make great calipers and rotors. But the word across the board was that the Brembo is a better unit than the AP with out the heavy price.

I will be happy to offer any of these products and all the detailed componants to those interested. Reservoir mounts, billet levers, brake switches and lines.

Big Ed I will have an answer to your questions in about three days, come on up to CT and see for yourself.

Hemillard@snet.net
------------------------------------------
I went with the Brembo clutch and brake master cylinders. $.02

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 25 February 2000).]

KA,

I was just wondering ... don't you guys have the Nissin aftermarket stuff available over there ... seem to remember that they also have things like adjustable master for far more reasonable price and this stuff is only available in Western-Europe since about a year?

The six-pots used on the Yosh Busa are also part of the line-up.

Can the guys who have the PFM's installed speak up about lever feel after the change over from the Tokico calipers.

Big Ed, Jeffw, Marty, any words of wisdom?

It's not up to what I need. I'm currently looking at AP and Brembo to get new brake master cyls.. I need one that is adjustable ratio.

It’s hard to say at this point. I have put about 400 mile on the bike with the new brakes but the road conditions have sucked and I really haven’t ridden the bike hard. The feel at the grip is softer than it was with the OEM brakes and s-steel lines. The new brakes do have a very nice progressive feel to them but I was expecting then to be firmer. I think we’ll have to see how thy are when the roads get better. I would be interested in hearing about other master cylinders.

Back