Michelin Tires

OB_Sabor

Registered
I'm replacing my stock rear tire and need some honest feedback from you guys on all your results in tire brands.. Good points vs. Bad points.. Any helpfull info. & pricing a big plus!!!

Thanx People,

Sabor

P.S.
I've been thinking Michelin..

[This message has been edited by Sabor (edited 27 July 1999).]

Hey Sabor, when I had my 89 GSXR1100, I mounted Michelin Hi-Sport radials front and rear. Great handling, super sticky, a little slippery in heavy rain. Regarding traction,
at the dragstrip w/stock tires, doing a good burnout was necessary for grip off the line. With the Michelins a burnout was definitely a no-no as the bike would wheelie straight up in the air every time coming off the line. As sticky as they were I still got about 4000 miles out of them. When the stock tires on my busa go, I will replace them with Michelin Pilot radials.

KAW, yes the pilot is made in the 190 series, in the tx25 you can get a 200.

I just bought tires and I was told that a 190 Pilot was not available from a Michelin Distribtor. He told me you could only get a 185 series tire. Well if you mount up a set let us know how they work out, I really wanted to try them. Oh well.

i spent 1500 dollars looking for the best.and they're all in my garage waiting for a new home.. but the one that will stay is tx25. you can't affordabily beat them.. 003's been gone for around 6yrs. cost between 500 to a 1,000 buck's now a days...frank

Don thanks for the confirmed information, I am going with Pirelli Dragon Corsa on my Dymags. Just waiting for the rear rotor to come in.

I talked with Michelin directly and the pilots ARE NOT out yet in 190. Will be late this year though. In the interim I am running TX25's/Tx15 and really like them. I went with 190 to get max turn in instead of the 200.

Im very happy with mine over stock. I have also ran up to 10,500rpms in sixth with no instability

Don

Back