micron pipe and commander box

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Rode with a guy today who had a micron pipe and commander box. The micron pipe looked great. We did roll ons in 2nd gear 4 gear and he pulled me pretty bad. He said it added 15 horses and i believe it. Then he let me drive it. Much better in lower and midrange rpms. Im buying both next week. Its like having a new bike. Right now im jealous..........but the micron pipe makes a BIG difference..................oh btw i made 190 mph indicated today and it still wanted to go..........I'm Jazzed............

Vegas Dude...I had a bad commander and had to send it back...they were very helpful though. Make sure you get the proper map for the pipe.

What do these aftermarket goodies run roughly. If I buy the Busa on Monday I want to order a pipe and some go faster goodies at the same time.

Just ordered my commander box and titanium micron. The commander box was 279.00 and the full system micron was 699.00. Which i think is a great price...........and i ordered the gaskets as well. In two weeks i should be ballistic.

P.S. My wife is going to be pissed!!

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 22 August 1999).]

I also spanked a Copper Stock Busa with that Combination. For those that happened to see my comments in the Airbox mods--All is well again between 1800-3000 rpm. I had a bog after the mod. All gone. Power commander changes helped. Cut away CBX, its good.
Bob
I have had this set-up for about 1 1/2 months now.(seemed kinda like the lone dog) We can share maps through e-mail. I have three now. Stock from micron with full system, rev 1. for improved low rpm response, and rev 2. for full micron and airbox mod. I hope the more that get this set-up will allow better tuning through sharing. Good Luck Vegas! Get ready for a new experience.
Vegas-you may want to ask Micron to install the thicker flanges for you before they ship. Otherwise if want to use them you will have to remove the welded u shaped hooks for the springs on two of the head pipes and reweld. Their stock flanges are too thin and bend easily. Two of us already received these, Micron will know.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 22 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 22 August 1999).]

Back