Motionresearch/sportvue

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hey all,
Many of you know that I like to be pretty sure of stuff before I post it up for general consumption - but today I am thoroughly disappointed in Motion Research/sportvue. I really like thier MC1, but I have been having a technical problem with the unit and after several calls, 6 emails and inumerable visits to thier website - I am fed-up.

This morning I recieved an email from Mr. Dobson that he is no longer involved in day to day operations (which I assume means that in his role as CEO he has no impact on the company - unless he is no longer CEO). His advice was to go to my local dealer for product support.

Well, thank you Sportvue for trying to alienate me as a customer - you have succeded in doing so. For support I will turn to my usual source - Hayabusa.oRg!

Just a rant - sorry.
MCM

firedevil.gif

Shawn, I`m a big supporter of sportvue, as you know. I has numerous problem on initial installation of my unit and they took good care of me. That is why I`m extremely disappointed with their response to your request for support.

Here is what I suggest.
You go to their user forum and post your experience with MC1.
Post a link to this tread there as well.
Check with you local shop what they do with returned defective units and just swap yours with a new one if they can return it to manufacturer for replacement.

Vic -
I was a supporter as well - I even at one point wanted to be involved in thier Champion program... here is the email response and my reply - :

Sir,
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the local dealer is how I got to where I am, so I was hoping to get some help from the source. I contacted you because a member of the board that I participate in said you were a great help to him in the past - I am sorry to hear that you are not involved in the day to day business anymore - five phone calls and six email customer service requests - yours is the first response that I have received.

I appreciate your advice - thank you, but honestly, with the exception of your email, am thoroughly disappointed in Motion research and sportvue support - it may or may not be of interest to you, but I will be posting as much on our forum.

Again, I really do appreciate your response - I hope all is well with you and yours.

Semper Fidelis,
Shawn

Ride safe and right side up!
Shawn
MC Mustang (MCM)
Hayabusa.org Administrator

----- Original Message -----
To: <mcmustang@Hayabusa.org>
Sent: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:00:02 -0500
Subject: RE: SPORTVUE MC1 Technical support question

Shawn,

I wish I could help, but I am no longer involved in day-to-day
operations with Motion Research. I would try your local dealer. I do
know that all you need is a RPM signal and that the wiretaps can be
tricky. Make sure you have a good signal first.

Regards,

Dominic Dobson
dominic@motionresearch.com
www.motionresearch.com

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments, is
privileged and confidential. It is intended for the use of the
individual(s) named above. Any dissemination, distribution or copying
except by the person above named, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us by e-mail and delete
the message from your system. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: mcmustang@Hayabusa.org [mailto:mcmustang@Hayabusa.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:58 PM
To: Dominic Dobson
Subject: SPORTVUE MC1 Technical support question

Sir,
I was given this email address on a motorcycle forum that I belong to -
I am hoping that you can answer my question. I have placed a customer
service question and recieved no response.

I have the MC1 installed on an '01 Hayabusa. I installed the positap
connector with the RPM wire to the crankshaft sensor input on the ECU;
Green wire. Literature says White, but I have also seen corrections
that state green - anyway, I have no RPM signal, it reads completely
full all the time (with signal) so it cannot learn the gears...

Any help, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ride safe and right side up!
Shawn
MC Mustang (MCM)
Hayabusa.org Administrator

that sux, I've been a good supporter of them as well.

Check ur PM, I sent you another contact to try, he's been good for me in the past for resolving issues
cool.gif

At least you got response from Dominic, ask him if he is not involved to day to day operations then who does? Let them know that you will be persistent with your request.

did you registered your unit with them? do they have you in their database? If so they have to honor the warranty not kicking you around asking to go to the dealer.

If nothing works then send your unit to me, I can test it and verify if the unit is defective or not.
It might be just a signal too weak. Did you grounded your unit correctly? It must be at the neg battery terminal. There is two green wires at the ECU, any possibility that you used the wrong one?

Your ECU is 16 bit, correct?

(zukracer @ Aug. 30 2007,11:25) that sux, I've been a good supporter of them as well.  

Check ur PM, I sent you another contact to try, he's been good for me in the past for resolving issues
cool.gif
Brian,
I appreciate it - I will call him.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Aug. 30 2007,11:29) At least you got response from Dominic, ask him if he is not involved to day to day operations then who does?  Let them know that you will be persistent with your request.

did you registered your unit with them? do they have you in their database? If so they have to honor the warranty not kicking you around asking to go to the dealer.

If nothing works then send your unit to me, I can test it and verify if the unit is defective or  not.
It might be just a signal too weak.  Did you grounded your unit correctly? It must be at the neg battery terminal. There is two green wires at the ECU, any possibility that you used the wrong one?

Your ECU is 16 bit, correct?
Vic - yep, '01, 16 bit. I tapped the solid green on the left front of the ECU... I thought maybe the positap wasn't connecting so I held the wire in direct contact and still nothing.. bit the green and white are from the Crankshaft pos sensor - I may try the white and see if that helps. I get a solid speed reading which matches up with my GPS... just no action on the TACH. I did the RPM reset procedure, but now it just reads full on -

I will see what is going on here in a bit - once I get out to my bike again... surgery has me down for a few days...

(kennym4 @ Aug. 30 2007,13:41) Good luck MC !!!   Let us know how this turns out !!
Will do. I really like the product; the MC1 is a great peice of gear... never opted for an MC2 because I don't run a radar detector. It is neat to see the info right infront of you... I just really want to get mine working and have had such good luck with installs... I am surprised at the lack of support that I am recieving - this has been going on for a few months and I hate to publish stuff like this - but the response that I did get just sort of threw me for a loop. Anyway - I will let everyone know how it turns out!

Shawn,

Try hooking it to the injector for a pulse. #1 will be Grey with a white tracer. Then configure it like it is a 1cyl 4 stroke.

Rick

Hmmmm. Interesting -

Thanks Rick.

Interesting indeed. there is no configuration needed or could be done. MC unit only needs rpm for gear calculation. RPM bar is for reference only, it`s learning automatically.

Back