Motorcycle vs. minivan

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
Driver killed in crash with motorcycles

10:31 PM PST on Sunday, January 8, 2006

By SARAH BURGE / The Press-Enterprise

Coroner's officials have identified a woman killed Saturday afternoon in Riverside when a motorcycle struck the minivan she was driving as Nang Khaw Zoe, 38, of Riverside.

Zoe was pulling away from a stop sign around 4:10 p.m. on Nebraska Avenue to cross La Sierra Avenue when a motorcycle heading north on La Sierra struck the driver's side door, Riverside police said in a press release. Zoe's two children were in the back seats.

The driver of the motorcycle, Sametto James, 29, of Riverside, was thrown into the front passenger area of the van and the van overturned, the release said.

Gerardo Ponce, 39, of Riverside, who was riding his motorcycle just behind James, also lost control and clipped the back of the minivan. Ponce was thrown from his motorcycle and landed near the curb, the release said.

Riverside firefighters had to cut off the roof of the minivan to reach the victims.

The children, ages 4 and 8, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Kaiser Permanente Riverside Medical Center for examination. Ponce also suffered minor injuries and was released at the scene, press release said.

James was taken to Riverside Community Hospital in critical condition with numerous broken bones and cuts, the release said.

Zoe was taken to Kaiser with major head, neck and body trauma. She was pronounced dead at 5:32 p.m. Saturday.

Riverside police investigating the accident ask that anyone with information call Riverside police Sgt. Duane Beckman at (951) 826-5237

That is sad no matter who was at fault. I am curious if she ever even seen the bike or were they going to fast or ran a stop sign?

That is sad no matter who was at fault. I am curious if she ever even seen the bike or were they going to fast or ran a stop sign?
The paper didnt say, usually if its our fualt the paper would be more then happy to say why ie speeding, stunting and so on. It is sad that the driver died.

Man that is really sad because the kids were there to witness it. Fault or no fault, I really feel bad for the family.
sad.gif

wow that sux, feel bad for the kids and family...
the bike must have been moving pretty fast if the bike combined with the riders weight was able to turn the van on to its side...
but like gunnybusa said if it was clear it was the bikes fault, they would have mentioned it...

Sad indeed! I feel for the family... makes you wonder though...for a bike to hit a minivan and turn it over...you would think that the bike must have been going real fast or it was a big bike or both....

Back