MUZZY is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martinm2,how did you polish your frame,pipes,footpeg brackets ect... Did you take off the bodywork? Did you do it by hand? How about the swingarm? Your busa is beautiful,and I like the Muzzy pipe. Is it a round canister ot oval? Im taking the pictures off your site to work, the gang will all flip! Mine is 2000 red also. Looking forward to your reply.

Hey WARBIRD I have alot of my polishing stuff on the "MYMODS" page on my site. The pipe is a full stainless with oval carbon fiber canister. After my ride tonight,....WOW.

Since the performance increase is pretty much documented, why not give us your impression of the sound?

Sound is just plain MEAN. It has a deep LOUD grumble at all RPMs, gonna take a bit to get used to... Seems like most pipes are quiet almost stock like until the upper RPMs, MUZZY grumbles just idling, not your friendly neighbor's pipe....I leave for work at 6:30 every morning...sorry... :)
I really love the way it sounds at IDLE. All this talk about 4-2 systems sounding deeper than a 4-2-1...? This pipe has a very bassy grumble...I like it. I tried to sleep it by a fellow biker cop, not an easy task. .. ;)
Did I meantion 1st gear rollon wheelies no matter how far I leaned forward....1st is just plain scarry anymore..
Martin

Hey, Martin
I hope you don't mind me asking but what is to become of your beautiful polished stock cans. You did spend a lot of time polishing 'em.

[This message has been edited by busagringo (edited 14 June 2000).]

Martinm2- I had the same problem with my Bus. I have been experimenting, and I think that I may have solved it. I lowered my Bus 1.5" front and rear, and if I become one with the tank, the front tire just barely dances when I roll it on in first gear, and if I stay down, it doesn't come up in second either. I was beginning to become afraid of the throttle: first or second gear roll ons under 100mph = wheelie. It handles just as good as before - same head angle. The lower center of graity makes it easier to manage in a parking lot. The lower standover height is nicer at stoplights and when Flintstoning it. I wrung it out tonight and I don't think that I have lost cornering clearance that I ever would have used on the street either.

Hey lantabusa,

Could you send me that map? I looked at the SATO. Looks like a great pipe. Fair price too. I think thats what I'll end up with. Do you have a pic of your bike with the pipe on it...would love to see it.

Airbox is comin as well, as soon as Motorhead gets em done.

Spaceflipper@hotmail.com

Kirk,
I think I need to invest in some suspension testing time. I'm still running with the stock settings, lowering would be nice also, but I'm kind of long legged, the height feels perfect right now.

Thanks Anguish.

Mano, I was almost thinking of going one tooth down in front, I'm glad I'm not now.

Carlitobusa, I don't have one yet, but plan too. You should start with #6 and adjust from there, that's coming from Themotorhead, he knows, he runs one.

Busagringo, I still have them, but they are no longer stock, they have been gutted. I'd be willing to trade for some stockers if you pay shipping, but I wasn't completely happy with the sound, louder, a bit more power, but it doesn't quite sound like a full aftermarket system, I can send you a .wav file if you want to hear it. E-mail me at martinm2@pacinfo.com

Martin

[This message has been edited by Martinm2 (edited 14 June 2000).]

If you want 1st gear to be more civilized,why not go up 1 in front,or down 2 rear,a 15 minute operation,no chain work required.Acceleration through the gears is better,I think.My bone stock 12 would not stay down well enough in 1st,so I went to 44(down 2)it works fine for me in traffic,My terminal speed thru the traps was unaffected.60' time suffered a little,didn't they?Maybe not,and no more wheelies.I do not want to limit my ground clearence/handling by lowering.I am sure with a pipe,etc this will really make a big difference,better acceleration,and top speed of course,plus controllable wheelies!

Martinm2
are you using a Power Commander with you Muzzy?

I have the same pipe, but can't find a map anywhere. I copied the maps below from the PC2 page but as you can see there is nothing for the Muzzy.
What would you you recommend?

GSX-R1300 Hayabusa: '99

M304-ALL All Available Hayabusa Maps
M304-000 Zero Map
M304-001 Stage 1 Map
M304-002 Stage 2 Use with High Flow Slip-On Mufflers
M304-003 Use with Full Micron Exhaust
M304-004 Use with Yoshimura race only duplex exhaust
M304-005 Use with Titanium Force full exhaust
M304-006 Use with Akropovic full exhaust
M304-007 Use with Akropovic full exhaust and modified air box (see notes in map)
M304-008 Use with Mr Turbo Kit, 7 Psi boost (Available exclusively from Mr Turbo)
M304-009 Use with Yoshimura race only exhaust, stage one camshafts and aftermarket air filter
M304-501 European Stage 1 Map
M304-502 Revised map for European stock Hayabusa
M304-503 European Stage 2 Use with high flow slip-on mufflers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by carlitobusa (edited 14 June 2000).]

carlito, do you have a motorhead airbox? If so I have one from the motorhead for 4-2-1 race pipe, email me and I'll send it to you. Works great on my 00 w/ sato pipe full airbox mod by TMH. If you don't have the airbox I recommend it, it's great. And as for sound, you oughta hear the throttlebody growl from the box, it's cool!

khenning2@hotmail.com

Kurt

Back