My contribution to a 265hp 1600cc gen3 build

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Customer is sending the bike off to carpenter for their 265hp daily driver stroker package, I am supplying my gen3 MaxxECU with ABS delete and flexfuel setup. He also picked up an ignition delete toggle switch version, head light on/off harness, power connector for tail section, and a sidestand delete connector..

20240110_210058.jpg

20240110_210209.jpg

Screenshot_20240111-093636_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I think the cost of such a bike would have made it out of reach for many and spelled the end of the platform.......sadly.....

I think Suzuki had this in mind as the other generation Hayabusas were and are a hard sell....
cost at production really would not have been anymore expensive. This cost is mostly labor and machining. They could have easily spec this at production for little to no additional cost. I see enviromental and regulatory issues as the main issues with engine sizes and performance numbers

cost at production really would not have been anymore expensive. This cost is mostly labor and machining. They could have easily spec this at production for little to no additional cost. I see enviromental and regulatory issues as the main issues with engine sizes and performance numbers
How does the auto industry produce crazy hp vehicles yet still maintain emission protocol I wonder?

I still say they took the quick and easy way out in order to get the Gen 3 out the door.

In my estimation it was probably a pen stroke away from being discontinued.

cost at production really would not have been anymore expensive. This cost is mostly labor and machining. They could have easily spec this at production for little to no additional cost.
Is this really true? There's a significant difference in cost between high performance car and motorcycle engines compared to the average motorcycle or car engine. I'm sure Suzuki could have built a more powerful engine but it seems with more power and performance there would be an increase in price. Whether the price would be substantial, 15 grand, probably not but it still might be enough to put the Busa out of reach for it's target audience. Kawasaki has the H2/H2R but how many riders pockets are deep enough to afford one? The good news is if you desire to own a 250+ HP Hayabusa and if your pockets are deep enough you have options. :-)

a SuZuki OEM 1600
bear in mind reliability is still preferred i imagine a 200,000 mile stock 1340 is to be expected

i don't think any punters would be happy with a rebuild every 30,000 miles for a tuned 1600

Back