Myrtle Beach

BRUDEH

Registered
Going on family vacation to Myrtle Beach next Sat. Where could I find a shop with BUSA stuff, custom chrome, ect..

There are only two shops to speak of and neither have very much stuff. One is on 17 north, way north of 501, past where bus17 and bypass17 join. Go about 5 minutes and it will be on the left, just past WEST MARINE.
The other is located on 17 bypass just south of 501. Please DO NOT shop there. They don't have much busa stuff anyway.

rant.gif

We’re down for bike week last month and need a set of tires, quick. I figure I’ll get one for the wife's rear also while I’m at it. Get the price for my wife's and it's about $90, ok no big deal. They didn't have any, ANY, decent tires for the busa. I was going to settle on a MAXIS for about $120. So I figure I better ask about how much mounting costs, right. $65 freaking dollars.....PER TIRE. I end up jewing (no offense) them down to $50 a tire. (Keep in mind I'm there and my tire is shredded)
So they move the bikes to the back and I see a STACK of Dunlop 208's. I go back in and alert the sales guy to my discovery. "Oh,...Well, Yeah those came in this morning."
So I trade them out and they proceed to mount them. When finished I go to settle up. Grand total $512. At that point I just have to get a breakdown of the bill. The Dunlop he looked up in their "official" book showed $259. I about flipped, but kept my cool. When they wouldn't even consider budging on the price, I'll admit I flipped a little bit. I paid up and consider it a lesson learned. But I vowed discourage others from buying from them. I hope I have succeeded.

The other shop does not carry Suzuki products. But it is a nice shop if you like Honda’s. It’s called something like “Redline Powersports†or something like that. It’s on 501 north just past the Wakamaw (sp) pottery outlets. It’s on the left if your coming from the beach. It’s worth a look see.

Have fun, Chris

Back