Naked to Busa

b15ke

Registered
Anyone made the switch from a Naked to a Busa?

I currently ride a 2016 KTM Super Duke R and have a deposit in on a 2022 Hayabusa.

I commute to work (about 25 miles each way) and take longer rides and overnight trips in the summer.

Wondering how you've found the riding position and comfort.

Thanks for any feedback.

I currently ride a 2016 KTM Super Duke R and have a deposit in on a 2022 Hayabusa.

I commute to work (about 25 miles each way) and take longer rides and overnight trips in the summer.

Thanks for any feedback.

I’ve had several nekkid bikes over the years and a Z900RS since 2018. I used to ride a nekkid 79 CBX Six. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the 70,000+ miles I’ve put on my Hayabusa since I bought it new in 2006. Unless the riding position doesn’t suit you, you should have no problem adjusting.

Thanks for any feedback
Congratulations, As a new owner to a Hayabusa myself, I can tell you that I've been pleasantly surprised at just how comfy this sportbike has been for me @ 5'10"
I also own a naked bike Speed Triple 1200RS and find myself riding the Busa more

Thanks for the feedback. The day after I posted this, the bike came in and I picked it up today!

I've only put 50 miles on it - but it is pretty comfortable - and extremely smooth!

For others wondering the same question I asked - it's obviously more leaned over, but the only thing I noticed is my shoulders felt a little more pressure, but nothing I won't be able to get used to.

I've ridden a BMW S1000RR at the track, and it's not nearly as leaned forward as that, and the there's more leg room too.

Love it so far.

Thanks again.

I traded in a 2019 Bmw s1000r sport for the new busa , have it 9 weeks now & loving it
Had a 2020 S1000XR. It was in the shop for three months of the six I had it. after 5 BMWs I was fed up with reliability issues. The Euro 5 restrictions felt too much for a liter bike, although road manners were nice. Busa deals with Euro 5 beautifully, like it’s not there. Thank God there are bikes out there that feel alive!

After my 08 Gen2 was stolen I tried other bikes and last year I got a Ducati Diavel 1260, long story short for that wild bronco, sold it 300 miles later. 22 Gen3 is smoother, reaction time is much quicker, sound is amazing, wind factor gone, it really is better in all aspects. I liked the keyless feature of the Diavel but that's it. They say that bike is the Ferrari of bikes. well. I am here today to say, they are wrong!
BTW, add a handlebar riser, lower the pegs and it's as comfortable or even better than a naked riding position.

Back