Need opinions

busa_boy_69

Registered
I was thinking about doing the HID upgrade on my bike but really don't know anything about them. Can you guys tell me what a good setup for one is and good brands to choose from? Also I was wanting to change my front turn signal lenses to clear ones while I am in that area. Whats a good company to get those from? Thanks in advance.
BB69

Check out the HID group buy that KS-waterbug setup (there's something like 10 pages to the post).

It's McCulloch, and I've installed both low and hi beams. It is BRIGHT (I went with the 4300K bulbs).

The big thing to remember is higher color temperature does NOT mean brighter. The higher the temp, the LESS light output.

From 05 to present, thats the way they come from the factory.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138059583 -->

Pic for ya, clear rear. Dad swapped all his out on an 04. Nice and bright. I would replace front turns with factory clear. Have yet to see aftermarkets fit nice. My .02

Bike_Trip_005.jpg

I was also a bit disappointed with the fit of the Clear Alternatives. I bought front/rear signals, and rear brake, and I had to do a bit of filing on every piece to get them to fit properly.

Not a huge deal, but it's not an OEM fit.

Back