Need Painter Opinions

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Just got my plastics back from the body shop,this guy does a great job on all our stuff. Needed to paint the lower cowl side fairing from my last get off (was due to physical medical problem not reckless driving) an as always mirror show room job:thumbsup: But i decided to paint the alligator skin styled side covers, the results were less than great.... well I think they look like shid. He said that is as shiny as he could get them... who am I to argue I don't know how to paint ... but I may not know how to paint I do know what shid looks like. He said they sell smooth ones that would get me the results I am looking for.

My question is can you get the oem side covers to look as nice as the smoothed out plastics on the side or is it a myth??? I have seen them done an even saw a guy on the internet that sells them finished but he ask for your old ones so I thought if it was just a matter of paint why ship them..... was it bad prep for paint. ???

Went from being really stoked to get my bike looking sharp again to getting it back together an parking in the garage so no one sees the shid

Pics to how disgusting they look will have to wait till tomorrow when I put them on..

What really pissed me off even more than the finish on the side panels was I wanted him to cut the hole so you could see the nice job pusher did on my clutch cover it's been almost a year an still the clutch cover is invisible he forgot to do it:down:

Last edited:
Just got my plastics back from the body shop,this guy does a great job on all our stuff. Needed to paint the lower cowl side fairing from my last get off (was due to physical medical problem not reckless driving) an as always mirror show room job:thumbsup: But i decided to paint the alligator skin styled side covers, the results were less than great.... well I think they look like shid. He said that is as shiny as he could get them... who am I to argue I don't know how to paint ... but I may not know how to paint I do know what shid looks like. He said they sell smooth ones that would get me the results I am looking for.

My question is can you get the oem side covers to look as nice as the smoothed out plastics on the side or is it a myth??? I have seen them done an even saw a guy on the internet that sells them finished but he ask for your old ones so I thought if it was just a matter of paint why ship them..... was it bad prep for paint. ???

Went from being really stoked to get my bike looking sharp again to getting it back together an parking in the garage so no one sees the shid

Pics to how disgusting they look will have to wait till tomorrow when I put them on..

What really pissed me off even more than the finish on the side panels was I wanted him to cut the hole so you could see the nice job pusher did on my clutch cover it's been almost a year an still the clutch cover is invisible he forgot to do it:down:

Did you paint your "Inner fairing panels" ??? Call these guys :beerchug: They can do them smooth and glossy, or leave them textured.

http://www.raceready.us/default.asp

1_05_F.jpg

Last edited:
We do the stock ones all the time smooth as butter...The key is the base you start with,prep,sanding by hand.most painters will do it but you will have to pay for it..I WILL SAY IF THEY TAKE A SHORT CUT YOU WILL KNOW IT SHORTLY AFTER PUTTING THEM ON..

Picture 5193.jpg

Picture 5191.jpg

Picture 5192.jpg

Last edited:
or the texture wasn't knocked down or filled. if they just scuffed and shot the factory parts you won't get the flat finish your looking for.

Back