New 2022 Busa limited to 80 mph and 5000 RPM

Maxxxpath2

Registered
Just passed the 600 mile break in and had her serviced at dealership yesterday. Bought the new Busa three weeks ago. On day 1 the dealer set the RPM max to 5000 on the SDMS which was fine. Indicator lights worked fine and I could get bike up to 80mph. After my first service I deactivated the RPM max and headed home. I quickly realized the throttle would not push the bike beyond 80 to 85 mph and about 4500 to 5000 RPM.

I pulled over and called the dealership and they had me reset to 'default' factory settings and that did not fix the issue. I finally created a custom SDMS 'U' setting where I turned off ALL lift and traction controls. Have not yet been able to test to see if that works. That doesn't feel like that should be the solution so I'm checking with the forum. It's almost like the 'Active Speed Limiter' is ON but it's not. Anyone had this issue and what was the solution?

Thank you

Robert

Anyone tried the launch control , my mates new Gen 3 is not reving beyong the selected launch rpm , as in not reving out to redline ... He has had it back to Suzuki already for first service , and to check what is going on , and has been informed apparently , that is how it works .... Not real launch control at all ?

Anyone tried the launch control , my mates new Gen 3 is not reving beyong the selected launch rpm , as in not reving out to redline ... He has had it back to Suzuki already for first service , and to check what is going on , and has been informed apparently , that is how it works .... Not real launch control at all ?

If the gen3 is like the gsxr, then it performs best with all the nannies turned off...and of course needs an ecu flash.
TC on at any of 6 levels on the gsxr is terrifying, lol really, as there is little feedback, just wooden, muted response.
Launch control I do not trust or like, but then again I'm not a drag racer either.
The quickshifter on the other hand is fantastic, and that itself is the best electronics added, something that really makes you faster, without taking away from or taking over rideability.
Seems there may be a gen3 electronics or first service glitch.
Do the gen3's have an electronic rpm limiter in place until the first service, like bmw does?

On day 1 the dealer set the RPM max to 5000 on the SDMS which was fine. Indicator lights worked fine and I could get bike up to 80mph.

I’m curious why the dealer did this. Was it a request? If so, why?

Can you try the A, B, or C setting and see if it still limits?

Funny my dealer had no clue about this bike at all. They also forgot to give me the manual at pickup.

hi could you elaborate what this means?

I have been riding for many years, and alot of the new bike tech takes away the feel and feedback the bike gives you from the road.
It can make it hard to tell if the front brake is applied in hard corners.
TC will engine brake whenever it thinks it should.
I personally feel that only 2 types of riders need ABS.
The elite TT, MotoGP, Superbike riders that cannot go any faster without technological aids.
And inexperienced riders, but the downside being they do not learn proper braking and especially emergency braking.
I ride in the rain without issue.
A mode, always, I don't need the power cut, as it's all in the wrist anyway.

Back