New bike (03LE)

PORT

Registered
I picked up my new Busa today (03LE) I drove 14hrs there and back and was happy the seller (off ebay) told the truth about the condition of the bike, it was in mint condition.
I have two quick questons
1. When I got it home I went to slide the fast idle lever forward (left side of handlebars)and it wouldn't move, is there a trick? I seen the owner use it when I was there with no problem. Should it move freely when bike is off?
2. The original owner never had the hump that goes in place of the passenger seat on, it still was in original box. It came with two spacers. To make the question simple, I want to put the hump on instead of the seat,what do I need to do?

As always, I am grateful for any help
Thanks

Congrats on the new bike
smile.gif

Does the fast idle lever pull toward you? It only goes to about 12 o clock. It might be all the way down already. Yes, it should move freely all the time. Might need lube, though.

The spacers go in place of the ones that come off when you remove the grab rail. It will be obvious when you do it.

Port Jefferson?

What he said. The fast idle is closed when fully forward...pull back to open....
Congratz on the new scoot. PICS!!!

Thanks
I found out that after I start the bike, then the fast idle lever moves very easy.
I am from Massapequa, Long Island.
What a difference in ride from my 1100F

Looks like ya got the answers to your questions!!!

Congrats on the new ride! Yea, it'll have a LITTLE more poop than the 1100f
tounge.gif

Welcome to the board! Just about anything you want to know about your new ride can be found here.

Search button is @ the top left.:D

Hey Port, Welcome aboard. Nice to see another LI guy. Enjoy and ride safe.

Congrat,s on the 03, I see you got your answer, and yea, the busa is a tad faster than the 1100F, I just sold a 900F myself.

Hey, i am anew guy on here.
got my 05 black and silver back in march.
love it
I think my speedo might be wrong, does anyone have any info on how close or far off these things read from the factory?

<!--EDIT|zilla
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130720372 -->

gm1300 an c50barts busa are from your area they are in seaford , i am from mastic beach , but hooked up with those guys for a ride to bear mountain !
biggrin.gif

It shouldn't make a difference if the bike is running or not. The fast idle lever should move freely, yet stay in whatever position you leave it in.

I love the 2003LE color. I wish I could afford to buy one as a companion to my AE.

Congrats!

Back