New bits and paint

KennyMac

Registered
G'day Lads - I'm back from a job up north and am settling back into the rain and cold in Adelaide once again. Since I was going away and all, I decided to give the 'Busa a once over in prep for our new little kevlar and carbon fibre business starting about mid year. Cos at R.Condo here in Adelaide did the spray, Tobin did the seats (wonderful job by the way) and I did the rest myself. The weather has been crap since I have been home and a decent picture has been hard to get but anyway here is some I took this arv before riding home. The colour didn't show up all that well, but it is a very dark grey with ultra mini flake, suppposed to look like a storm cloud. She is an everyday ride, rain or shine, so I had to keep the mods in perspective.

<!--EDIT|KennyMac
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147351269 -->

cos3_1.jpg

no wax. Straight from the painter as Jose said. Got home friday night, straight to the shed, lowered it, painted the wheels, and bolts, installed the sliders and some CF and stuck her back together and rode to work Monday morning. Didn't make me too popular with the Chief, but a boy has to do what he has to do.

<!--EDIT|KennyMac
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147352453 -->

no wax. Straight from the painter as Jose said. Got home friday night, straight to the shed, lowered it, painted the wheels, and bolts, installed the sliders and some CF and stuck her back together and rode to work Monday morning. Didn't make me too popular with the Chief, but a boy has to do what he has to do.
Looks great! Love the color selection. A nice dark slate blue that looks almost black... very nice!

You painted the wheels yourself? How'd you go about doing that? Type of paint? Prep work? Clear coat? etc etc?
smile.gif

I'm considering doing my wheels myself also, so any tips would be appreciated!

Back