No Air Filters

OB_Spazman

Registered
Just got off the phone with K&N and they told me they would'nt have any air filters for two or three months, that just plain sucks, So I called Street&Comp Dan told me they would have some BMC race filters do in at the end of the month so he put me down for five of them when they come in.

MotorHead has a radical mod for the box but I can't get it out of him. He's even harder to understand than Hapo. I think he cuts a VERY large chunk out of the floor and drops a chopped up car filter into it.

C'mon MTRHD...explain what you're up to here.

i'm getting some better pics.you remove all the inner foor of your airbox.if you look inside the box through the ramair tubes you'll see the inner floor.remove it

I saw that JeffW?(differences)

I'd just like to see one come from a DJ250!

Only the Akrapovic Map comes as close to any of it.(stock Busa)

It surprises Me that some of the Guys have spent $700 to $1,000 on a Pipe, done a Airbox mod, and not spend a little extra to have it all the right??

Jeff, whats your "take" on the airbox mod's?

good point frank.i did do the tests on a new dj 200 not at sustained rpms but at full and part pulls with a high inertia drum with a dj air fuel monitor that came with the dyno.all combos and now well over a hundred busa pulls with a dozen different busas.also ran a/f meter on the street to retest mapping in a real world situation.

torque on a bone stock with modded box and long stacks .went fron 93.6#to97.4#.hp 150.4 to 155.5.the a/f was13.2 remapping will be even better than these un mapped numbers and the dj 200 seems to show lower than the dj 150s.my 99 made 151 then removed balancer and tapered the lip in the throttlebodies put me to 158.4 and 98#torque airbox mod and stacks and remapping put me at166.9 to 168 and101.5to 103# torque.the a/f was 13.4 now its12.5 to 12.75 w/pc2

Frank I would really appreciate that info. I'm a BIG believer in opening the nostrils up. You already have my e-mail. I have the long stacks on the full box cut with a BMC, but if you've got a better idea I'll certainly try it. Thanks man.

I still haven't been able to get onto a dyno to baseline the long stacks. Both my guys are down at the same time. But I will do it within days.

Motorhead, can you tell me what the torque curve looks like from 2-4k rpm when comparred to stock unmodified box. Right now my non-pc2 bike has a rather large dip in torque (and hp) in this rpm range. We have not yet rx'ed out shipment of pc2's for me to install one on my busa *yet*.

I was going to the shop in the morning to make a few dyno runs with my busa (both stock and modified air box), but if you can tell me (or show me a dyno chart) that would save me a bunch of time...and tire on the dyno.

What my concern here is a rider who does not go to the drag strip, does the air box mod, and then wonders why his bike bogs down when turning right at a stop light.

bob.i don't talk bull so fuuck off.it makes the bike better at every point.irrelavent of riding style or use.if i did your box you would'nt be saying this.you are very misinformed on this.

jeff on the unmapped 2000at 2000 its at66# 23to2400its 70#drops to 65at28-3000 then climbs to 82#at 4000 i mapped at +1+1+1 but did not dyno yet to see the difference.on the 99 68# at 2000 72# at2200,2400its69 2600is 68# 2800 its70# 3000 is 73# 3400 is78# and 3800 is 86# and 4000 its 88#

Look I appreciate all the input here.
Let's look at use.
Me, KawAbuser, Hapo, and others do not do the dragrace thing. 180 usuable horsepower at the rear wheel is all that can ever be used on the track with slicks.
Take that 180 hp on road tires, on roads, and we are all just jerking off.
Might makes fright.

Back