Nothing but "dee dee dee" truth....

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
mmmm yup!
egitarre77.gif

Speakers On Please...then CLICK!

EDIT: for all the 3yr olds out there! please step out of the room for a minute.
Parents...send the kids to play...away from the PC...have them use their imagination or read a book...

I will not lower the standards...

beerchug.gif

small language warning would have been good, my 3 yr old was with me
all_coholic.gif

haha... I know more thought this was funny....but they must be to PC to post.

Don't care...still not gonna "lower the standard!"

If you catch the comedy channel's Mind of Mencia you'll see the video that goes with the song....too funny!
Kinda like a Honduran George Carlin.
bowdown.gif

Unfortunatly, "Carlos" is really Ned and fake as hell. He has been caught, and called out on stage, by other comedians using there material. I used to think he was funny, but after I saw how fake he was, not so much anymore.

oh well ... nothing lasts forever.

I can't think of too many people in the world that don't use other's work at some point in life....it's the best form of flattery....especially if you can get a laugh doing it.

I just heard a song by Johnny Cash the other day...he laid a track called "I won't Back Down" .....yup recorded in the "early day of his career and originally written by Petty!

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 03 2007,22:17) oh well ... nothing lasts forever.

I can't think of too many people in the world that don't use other's work at some point in life....it's the best form of flattery....especially if you can get a laugh doing it.

I just heard a song by Johnny Cash the other day...he laid a track called "I won't Back Down" .....yup  recorded in the "early day of his career and originally written by Petty!
I Won't Back Down was written in 1989, not exactly the early days of Johnny's career. Tom Petty was born in 1950 - just 5 years before Johnny's first releases with Sun Records in 1955.

Johnny released it on an album entitled American III: Solitary Man in 2000. Johnny passed away in 2003.

Covering another artist's material with their permission and paying royalties is a far different thing than passing it off as your own, which is what Mencia is accused of.

Just the facts.

well ...at least we know which one of us works for RIAA .....lol

beerchug.gif

royalties are like patents ... just tools for idea mongers use to expand their greed, attempt control and stifle creativity.

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 04 2007,13:02) well ...at least we know which one of us works for RIAA .....lol

beerchug.gif

royalties are like patents ... just tools for idea mongers use to expand their greed, attempt control and stifle creativity.
What is RIAA?
biggrin.gif

Royalties and patents protect the truly creative from the greedy, no talent, coat-tailing, quick buck, scammers of the world.

Back