Oct. 13 or 14 ride

pbghost

Registered
Finally getting a weekend off,( Oct 13-14) thinking of a ride through the Kiamichi mountains along the Winding Stair trail. (weather permitting) The leaves should be changing by then. I'd like to meet some of y'all. I usually end up missing everything due to work. Or if anyone has a better suggestion, Im open to it.

Come up to Eureka with us. I think we have about 8 or 9 confirmed for the weekend.

when are you leaving for Eureka? I've only been there once and loved it. cool little town with nice folk. what all's involved in setting up a meet & greet?

ok two questions where is the kiamichi mountains at and where is eureka at ??i am in the middle of all those states u said
beerchug.gif

Eureka Springs Arkansas Northwest part of the state. North of Siloam Springs, on Beaver Lake. Kiamichi's are located in South East Oklahoma. There is a road that is called the rim of the world there, supposed to be really nice. PM DREW, I believe he set this one up. We are going to Eureka Spring on the 13th and 14th, and then to the Caps house on the 19th. Puttin miles on the Busa!
jump9.gif

Not the weekend your asking about but the following one, Oct 20th, a bunch of us are going up to Capitans for a day or so for a get together.

what time are y'all leaving out the 13th and from where? I'd like to link up with someone the earliest in the trip as possible since I'm not familiar with the route. the wifey said she might go too. any where else close to pointe west still avail ?

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 29 2007,18:16) Not the weekend your asking about but the following one, Oct 20th, a bunch of us are going up to Capitans for a day or so for a get together.
I gotta work the 20th. wouldn't mind running up Sunday the 21st if anyone was still around. maybe for brunch or something. OKC is an easy <3hrs for me.

(pbghost @ Sep. 30 2007,17:59) what time are y'all leaving out the 13th and from where? I'd like to link up with someone the earliest in the trip as possible since I'm not familiar with the route. the wifey said she might go too. any where else close to pointe west still avail ?
We are in the Tulsa, Broken Arrow area. Heading up Saturday morning. Not sure how you want to go, but could meet with you and your wife and ride on to Eureka Springs. I cant answer your question about the 21st, pm the Captain, but we planned on leaving Sunday late morning or whenever Mrs. Captain kicks us out. I sent you a PM pb.

I live here (NW Arkansas). If you get lost or have any questions, give me a call. PM me for phone number.

Don

sounds good. since I get scatterbrained a lot, I'll get your # closer to the departure date so it'll be a fresh entry in my phone.I sure do appreciate it. will you be there too?

(pbghost @ Oct. 02 2007,08:35) anyone else riding 2up? wife is curious... doesn't want to be the only girl in the group.
We are riding 2-up, wifey loves to ride!

good deal, that will be comforting to her, she's kinda on the shy side. tonight we'll book our room. about what time do we meet up north of 40?

Let me check the maps and find out what time we will be leaving for sure. I will call you in a while if thats cool.

Scott there are two routes we could take from Checota, route A is just over 3 hours.

Route_A.gif.jpg

Route B is just over 4. My wife affectionatly calls me the travel Nazi............

Route_B.jpg

either one... this will be my wifes first bike road trip, so whatever will make the best impression. monday will be 13 years married, feb was 10 years of bike ownership, and she's only been on about a dozen local rides. she finally caved and agreed to go. i have a feeling this will result in an eternity of goin' to the mall when it's all said & done.
laugh.gif
hopefully will result in more road trips.

Back