Oil Leak , Need Some Info

OB_Reactor

Registered
Just turned over 1000 miles on my Blue/Silver 00, and took a little power cruise. 150 or so for about 3 miles. Got home and parked the bike, and noticed oil dripping from the left side of the bike(sitting on it). Oil had blown back onto the pipes and everything else. When I took the left side fairing off I found the oil leak. Not sure what it is but I will try to describe. On the side of the cylinder head, about an inch from oil hose that runs from the block to the head, there is a a small cap screw that screws into the head. It was almost completly backed out. Oil was dripping from the bolt at idle. From the service manual it look like it just blocks off the main oil gallery that feeds the head. Do you guys have any thoughts on the matter and how tight should this bolt be? I had no signs of an oil leak before today. Everyone with a new bike may want to check this out.

it is an oil galley plug there has been an update for the manual last year had the wrong torque it is 11.5ftlbs.I still would have taken it to the dealer and let them see it so they can tell Suzuki about it I have heard no other type of failures like this

Thanks for the reply, I will talk to the dealer tomorrow. Did not want to ride it the way it was and was a little reluctant to let someone other that myself put his hands on my baby. Again thanks for the reply

Jack<
what 1000 mile service are you talking about?
Do I need to call customers in after the 600 mile one? I need more money,parts are getting pricey.

I am about 100 miles from my 1000 mile oil change / service. Plan to let dealer do this one in case of warranty problems. I to have a small oil leak that is putting a coat of oil on bottom of pan, but no drip - yet. That is other reason for dealer doing this service. I have not tried to find my leak but looks like it is coming from left side, front of pan is dry. Goes in next Thursday and will relay results of what they find. Jack

JC,
I did first service myself at 500 miles. Felt like it wouldn't hurt to change oil at 500 mile intervals till breakin is over. What they will be doing is the 600 mile service that I did at 500. This way I have record that they have seen it. I have receipts from service I did also. Hope this clears it up for you? I just like my schedule better than Suzuki's. Jack.

Think that "leak" described last here is one we all have to some extent from chain lube finding this nice way out underneath Busa.
I'm surprised at the shitty design of the front sprocket and clutch slave area on Busa!

Reactor

I saw this happen on a busa once but it had a micron exhaust and it had rubbed a hole in the oil cooler. Oil was everywhere. It took us forever to find the leak. You may want to check this too.

Back