One can is hotter than the other

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I checked the headers on the Z the other day and was happy to see all were the same temp. Today I checked the inside of the cans on the Busa and the right side can was about 25 degrees hotter than the left, 205 to 180. Should I worry? Are the injectors needing syncing?

The right muffler on my ZX-14 made more steam than the left when it was cold. Never checked the temps but seemed like most the exhaust flowed out of the RH muffler.

I checked the headers on the Z the other day and was happy to see all were the same temp. Today I checked the inside of the cans on the Busa and the right side can was about 25 degrees hotter than the left, 205 to 180. Should I worry? Are the injectors needing syncing?

hi man

sorry - the injectors can´t be "synced" as like as the throttle flaps

to the syncing - injectors
the only way to check if the injectors are equal in their volumes is to put em out and pump fuel through them - i would say for 3-5 minutes - into four side by side standing measure glasses with milli-liter measuring.
if one injector let more than - let´s say - 5% more (or less) through than the other 3,
i would experimentally / as a trial replace this injector by new
and "liter" all 4 - together - again a 2nd time to see if they are more / completely equal now.

to the syncing - flaps
a throttle flap syncing at the gen2´s body makes def. no sense - only when the body was put into thousand pieces.
but
at the gen1´s the sync should be done once a year / every 5-7,000 miles
that makes the gen1 motor very good reacting at lower rpm starting at iddle up to (felt) ~ 3,000 rpm - over those 3000 u won´t feel it any more

to the temperatures
if u use an original exhaust manifold these 25 degrees shouldn´t matter at all.
reason - it has a kind of x-connecting point / collector directly under the engine where all exhaust gases "come" together (from downpipes) to get then parted into two pipes to the 2 mufflers.
so perhaps one of the mufflers or one of their connectors is a very little bit smaller
or the gas flow to the "colder" side is , how ever, a very little bit handicapped.
following this (my) idea that more of gas heats one muffler a little bit more than the other.
remember - gas / air is compressible and even the smallest reduction of the dia at only 2-3 mm length can cause differing volumes.

remember - gas / air is compressible and even the smallest reduction of the dia at only 2-3 mm length can cause (minmal) differing volumes and by that to (minmal) differing temps in the mufflers.
if you still have the original parts at the bike u should can ignore that behavior.
(damn again such a long text -lol-, the eng. has spoken :lol:)

...”if you still have the original parts at the bike u should can ignore that behavior.
(damn again such a long text -lol-, the eng. has spoken :lol:)”

Yes, extremely long, but thanks. :)

Back