Pair Valve VS. Warranty

trip

Donating Member
Registered
My dealer told me that adding exhaust was considered an upgrade and I'd guess that the PCIIIr won't make them gripe, but I'm wondering if removing the pair valve is going to void my warranty.

I bought the kit from Brock and was planning to put it on this weekend, but it is about time for the service and I'd hate to screw myself.

Any Ideas???

TIA, trip

I wouldn't trust what the dealer says....I'd check directly with Suzuki for what will or won't void your warranty.

I have checked with my dealer on this issue as well & they claimed that it will not void the warranty. But then again I will check with another local dealer as well.

Most aftermarket exhaust isn't legal in CA and PCIIIR also isn't street legal. Suzuki won't cover any systems that have been altered.

Yeah.. I agree its better to clear it out with suzuki than the dealer!

Always keep your stock equipment. That way you can throw it back on if something breaks and you don't have to worry about warranties.

I agree with the members.

I was with a bike shop for a few years and saw a lot of folks get their warranties screwed up.

Sad as it seems, it sometimes comes down to the mechanic and shop. If you frequent one particular place, try and guage them out for how they operate. You will find some shops "honor" the warranty mileage no matter what, others become real picky. ( Especially if you didn't buy your mods from them!)

Sad but true.

Corso.

Back