PCII-- I'm stupid sometimes...

DENWA

Registered
Just bought the PCII off ebay for cheap.
(still more than I can afford on a CPL salary!) This is a BIG purchase for me.

Its the unit only with nothing else.
What do I need to get?
I downloaded the Maps and the instructions, do I need the little 9V powersupply thinggy from their website?

I have an 01 busa. As I've mentioned before only a K&N done to it.

If I use the Zero Map and lean out the fuel ratio would I damage my engine? (I'm not gonna)

I would like to do a small airbox mod..what map would I then use? Any info/ suggestions would be great!

Remember I'm an Idiot so talk slow like... Barney!

thanks

First start by reading the manual.... DOWNLOAD HERE I know you said you already had this, but I want to be sure.

Answers to some of your questions.
1. I wouldn't use a PCII if the only mod I had was a Air Filter.
2. I diff wouldn't change the stock settings by adjusting the PCII
3. Small box mod without aftermarket exhaust, little or no help. (my .02)
4. Save and install exhaust system.... HMF big bird! Then plan on mapping the bike on a dyno. PCII is adequate for this set-up so long as you don't go overkill on engine mods. If the later happens I suggest you ditch the PCII and go to a USB PCIII.

in order to hook the bike up to the PC you need to have a 9 pin connection on your pc. I didnt have one so i had to purchase a 9 pin to usb adaptor 30 bucks. After that its just fiding the right map. Also the zero map has zero in all the blocks you should use a stock map.

WOW!

I don't feel any better about buying this at all!

That page had the installation instruction but nothing about downloading maps?

Its simple to download maps.

Put the PC on your bike and cut on the bike
Plug the cord from your PC to the bike
Get a downladed map
Click load map button on right side of PC software
Wait 30 secs and your done its pretty simple. The hard part is getting a good map

Rick James I love you...If you weren't dead man!

Oh sorry dude,
Can you see the Map that is already on there? do you lose a Map when you disconnect from the Bike? And finally, Can you even notice a difference? (Please say yes or you'll make me feel real dumb for buying this)

thanks

Alright here goes. After the map has been loaded on teh PC and let set while the bike is running it stays there even when it is disconnected. Unless you have some major mods full sys, air filter, airbox mod i'm gonna say no. or at least i didnt on mine. But if you get a good map supposedly it will run smoother in the lower gears, from what i heard. there is a guy on here Johnnycheese who is teh supertuner for the site he will know a lot more than me but this is just from my limited expierence

PCII
You will plug the male connectors to the bike harness and the female back to your stock ECU. Mount the PCII in your trunk somewhere safe from the elements. Using a serial port cable you can connect to a pc to up load maps to your bike. This will require you to have installed the software provided for your PC. Changes can then be made independant of any map you may have on your PC or you can install a map from their data base.The 9v battery adapter is so you can bring the PCII to your desktop computer without the motorcycle.... Since the ECU/PCII is dependant on the bike for power. Most folks perfer a custom map made just for "Your" bike. This requires a trip to a tuner like JohnnyCheese". But, maps aren't cheap (though they make a huge diff in your bikes performance). This is why I suggested you get everything you want up front. Before doing a map. Most bang for your buck. Speaking of bang I bet the Cheeseman beats the buy a HMF Big Bird Exhaust Drum.....

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106092390 -->

Unless you have a full after market exhaust system along with other mods. Why the PC.
rock.gif

ive actually heard that it improves the ride quality of a stock exhaust

Yes it can help if there are problems with the stock system, but if the bike is running ok there won't be much of a improvement with a PC. Noticable gains will be seen with full exhaust, PC, Custom map, small air box mod, BMC air filter. It all depends how much you want to spend.  
muscle.gif

Now that you ahve bought the PC2 (hopefully at a good cost) Box it and keep it for when you do other Mods. You do not want to be sticking money in the bike for bad tunning. STOCK BIKE WITH AIR FILTER YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING PC 2 OR 3 period. do not even think about re-mapping. That is the best advise that i can give you. Trust us we have all been there.

Can I at Least Install it and look cool?

Damn I feel like a dumb ass! Just spent the Busa budget for something I can't use..... Now I have to save $$$ for an exhaust.

Can I at Least Install it and look cool?

Damn I feel like a dumb ass!  Just spent the Busa budget for something I can't use.....  Now I have to save $$$ for an exhaust.
I wouldn't risk damaging the unit.... Just start saving now and before you know it you'll have your exhaust system!

Back