PLEASE point me in the right direction

mitchluv1

Registered
let me try to explain this the best I can. A few weeks ago I had to take the advance riders course on post about halfway through the day the busa starts shutting off for no apparent reason. (like she was not receiving fuel). Then here comes the problem of starting it back up. ( I figured vapor lock for this so I open the gas cap and wait a few mins she starts up). On the way home she bogs down and shuts off again. (I'm thinking possibly kinked fuel line so I coast to a parking lot lift tank small kink sure enough). So I ride to work the other day same issuses (bogging down in 2nd gear and shut off). I was thinking bad gas possibly so filled the tank yesterday add Sea Foam (pull off fine and pull clutch to change to 2nd gear she bogs,stumbles and dies). Get home pull in the garage and listen to her idle and she's bouncing between 1000 and 2000. Could it be my Rectifier is going bad and causing this. I really love big mabel but dont like rolling the dice whenever i ride not knowing if I'ma be stranded or not. NOTHING more frustrating then getting some compliments about having a nice bike then it not starting or leaving you stranded somewhere. Please help
Bike 1999
Milage 41,+++
PC III disconnected (same issuses on or off)

Fuel filter first, if it's clear / clean you might have a pump issue. That's my guess, but i don't know crap.

let me try to explain this the best I can. A few weeks ago I had to take the advance riders course on post about halfway through the day the busa starts shutting off for no apparent reason. (like she was not receiving fuel). Then here comes the problem of starting it back up. ( I figured vapor lock for this so I open the gas cap and wait a few mins she starts up). On the way home she bogs down and shuts off again. (I'm thinking possibly kinked fuel line so I coast to a parking lot lift tank small kink sure enough). So I ride to work the other day same issuses (bogging down in 2nd gear and shut off). I was thinking bad gas possibly so filled the tank yesterday add Sea Foam (pull off fine and pull clutch to change to 2nd gear she bogs,stumbles and dies). Get home pull in the garage and listen to her idle and she's bouncing between 1000 and 2000. Could it be my Rectifier is going bad and causing this. I really love big mabel but dont like rolling the dice whenever i ride not knowing if I'ma be stranded or not. NOTHING more frustrating then getting some compliments about having a nice bike then it not starting or leaving you stranded somewhere. Please help
Bike 1999
Milage 41,+++
PC III disconnected (same issuses on or off)
Thats the typical early model fuel filter/pump issues that develop around your mileage. Clean your filter and/or replace the pump.

I think there have been issues concerning the pumps on early model bikes.

hopefully i can get some time try and ride her around to drain some of the fuel seeing as i just toped the tank off. Been really busy this week got tasked with CAO duty (military folks know what i'm talking about).

tilt sensor- Card can you post a reference page so i know what to look for ????

Back