problem

OB_jimjib

Registered
Got a weird intermittent problem and hope someone else has had the same problem and can save me some trouble shooting time...sometimes when I turn the key on the gauges swing through like they normally do but then stop about a quarter of the way up, that's the tack, speedo, fuel, water temp, everything. The bike runs ok but I also notice the odometer does not advance. When I turn the key off, they stay stuck there...then all of a sudden (could be a few days later) poof, their back working again. The only thing I have done so far is wiggle
the connector around on the back of the panel with no response, has anyone had this problem? Also, when in this "stuck gauge" condition with bike sitting, the battery will drain down.

[This message has been edited by jimjib (edited 27 April 2000).]

Sorry clueless
also the meter only comes as a assembly $$$
Do you have an extended warranty?

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 27 April 2000).]

Yeah, I did get the extended warranty, thought it was kind of a waste but I'm happy now. I just hope I'm not making 10 trips to the dealership before they find the problem.

It should be easy you said the trip odometer did not work if the speedo does and the trip does not new meter time.(I am counting on no Yellow box type device on it.)The same pulse from the speed sensor on sprocket cover runs straight to the meters once it goes to the speedo it goes into the odometer.no servicable parts.Are the faces stock?if not change them back before you see the dealer

Back