PS3

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
My nephew really wants a PS3 for Christmas, but since the mad rush a few weeks ago, I haven't heard a thing. Are they going to release them before Christmas? Or maybe sometime soon after?

Thanks for any information you have.

As far as release goes.. not sure..

What I can say is that in my household I have two teenagers and a younger son, I have a PS/2 which my sons use, my oldest boy as an X-box 360, my youngest has an X-BOX and a Nintendo Game cube, and my middle son as a Nintendo Wii.

My two oldest not only play games all the time but they are on the net alot checking out the differant systems, making comparisons etc.

The word I am getting from them is the PS/2 has been a let down for most people, they were expecting better graphics and it seems the 360 still has better graphics than the PS/3

I think there were some other issues also.

So you might want to take that into consideration.

As far as more systems being available. I would recommend calling Wal-mart, Ciruit City and Game Stop and asking them.

One of those places should have a release date that can provide you.

Good luck

I just called my local best buy and they were useless.

they said they are hoping to have 1 shipment in before Christmas but they are not sure...

It is really spotty on the releases.

I have seen our local Best Buy get a shipment the same day at near the same time the last two weeks.

It's going to be a while. You'll need to be really persistant and really lucky to get one before Xmas.

Shipments of the PS3 are going to be tight a few months into the new year.

give 'em a snickers, and say it's gonna be a while. unless you want to pay X amount markup on ebay.

according to the internet (and we all know how accurate that is) wal mart should be getting a shipment around the 17th. I looked through all the web sites and I think eb games has a pre oreder that will ship on the 7th of jan.

Thanks, guys, for all your help!

And you know the story--even if the game isn't up to par, he wants what he wants.

Unbelievable that the game was as hot as it was, then just as quickly dropped off the face of the earth. Guess that's why they demoted the guy who was in charge of the project--can you imagine having a game that hot, and not even having a fraction of a percent of what you could sell out on the market?

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

i have one left i havent put on ebay yet, waiting to see if the prices rise........how much you willing to pay
firedevil.gif

(psycobusa @ Dec. 13 2006,23:04) i have one left i havent put on ebay yet, waiting to see if the prices rise........how much you willing to pay  
firedevil.gif
Hey, thanks for the offer, but my sister-in-law has been waiting at a local store in Pittsburgh every morning, and she was one of four people who, yesterday, got lucky and got one of the four that were delivered! So my nephew's going to get a great surprise for Christmas!

(05 Busa LE @ Dec. 15 2006,06:25)
(psycobusa @ Dec. 13 2006,23:04) i have one left i havent put on ebay yet, waiting to see if the prices rise........how much you willing to pay
firedevil.gif
Hey, thanks for the offer, but my sister-in-law has been waiting at a local store in Pittsburgh every morning, and she was one of four people who, yesterday, got lucky and got one of the four that were delivered! So my nephew's going to get a great surprise for Christmas!
beerchug.gif

Back