Question about the factory cam chain tensioner?

OB_KZZ1

Registered
How do you check ths factory cam chain tensioner on a 00 Busa? I hear a weird sound like a chain inside the engine every now and then plus it seems as if the bike is not as tuned like it was 2000 miles ago. My Busa has 5700 miles on her. Hate to have a sloppy cam chain and have it go out and destroy the engine? Any help would be appricated

What did i say?????

I'm not having a dig, I was just commenting on how Suzi could let this happen again.

Nuts, the clutch is fine. It seems the clutch under normal day to day or race track stresses is just fine. The drags are a different matter, as many Busa owners will testify.

What con-rod problem? The ONE that blew wasn't run in and was thrashed out of the box! There has been NO others and most 12 owners have many thousands of miles under there belts now.

I can honestly say i've had not one little niggle with this bike. Full marks so far. In fact, thinking about it, I had more trouble with my ZZR 1100 and it's supposed to be bullet-proof! Go figure.

Kawasaki adjusted the rear seat cowl for free at the 2nd service (a couple of washers). All of the first batch are getting this done (mine was 43rd out of the factory).

Peace. I thought this was supposed to be the civilised site. I'm off to LaBusa's for some consolation :D.

FK

JC, no more races thus far. Had to back out of Santa Pod.

Up for another though, but it seems most Busa - owners on this site have processed peas for balls! :D

FK

p,s. Who is Falcon Fool? Is he an alias for someone else we know?

p.p.s. Hey, FF, come over to LaBusa's so i can swear at you! :D

This must suck. No 2000 recall?

This is a bloody time bomb, that could end your life if your engine locks up at the wrong time. What do the protection agencies have to say about this?

After last year, I cannot believe Suzi is letting this happen again. All bikes have problems but this is too serious to be ignored.

I lost three weeks riding last year with this. I understand that some of you are on your third or fourth tensioners!

This should not be YOUR problem.

Rant rant.....

FK

FK, nice to see you in here after a long hiatus....bored and tired of your type-fest with DP over on the tabloid site?? :)

Just kidding, good to see you in here again. ;)

FK
Outta here... go check your oil glass or con rods or frame for stress cracks or why don't you just try to figure out why Cow was reluctant to release such a failure of a bike in the beginning!

um, FK

we all agreed to the fast run at Elvington....waiting for you to tell us the details......

you did miss a good day at the Pod.........loads of Busas you know, all waiting for you :D :D :D

Nuts

Oooops, I didn't catch your replies to "Challenge to Rottenegg II". It was erased before i had a chance to check it out.

As no-one had mentioned it, I thought the idea had died a death. Never mind.

Thinking out loud, the guy who posted the info did it on LaBusa's before the crash! It'll be gone. Give me a day or so and i'll find out some info for myself. It's not until September so there is plenty time.

Anyone catch the MCN letter on a Bruntingthorpe track day?

FK

Back