Questions about Atlanta?

Lilrock

Donating Member
Registered
I will be vacationing in Atlanta sometime in July and I wanted some recommendations on Hotels. I'll be with the family so I would prefer a Suite. I normally stay at the Homewood Suites so if there is something along those lines that will be fine. We plan on visiting the Aquarium, Six Flags, The World of Coke, and a few other attractions Atlanta has to offer. I'll be there for 5 days so we have a little time on our hands. What hotels or areas to avoid? What would be some recommended family restaurants? What other attractions would be recommended for a family. There will be 2- 13 year olds, 1- 7 year old, 1- 5 year old and 1- 3 year old so as you can see we will have our hands full.

THERE IS A HOMEWOOD SUITES DOWNTOWN (CLOSER TO THE NORTHERN SECTION OF DOWNTOWN) THAT IS EASY ACCESS TO MARTA. I'D DEFINITELY LOOK AT GETTING MARTA PASSES, IT TAKES YOU TO COCA COLA, UNDERGROUND, ETC (BASICALLY ALL THE HOT SPOTS OF ATL).

I don't know the area well enough to give advice. Getting around by Marta train isn't bad at all. $1.75/per, the cards can be obtained at each station, the kiosk take cash or credit and issue a paper "breeze" card that you wave over the senor to open the turnstile gate. You might jump on the Georgia Sportbike Board and post there, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help.

I'm in Alpharetta which is about 20 miles North of Atlanta, it's nice up here but it's a little further way from all that activity.

You may want to check out Stone Mountain too, check to see what activities they have going on online.

Note to board - I didn't post a picture this time.

Is the underground for the family
rock.gif

There is plenty of nice hotels on the northside stay away from the southside nice to visit but wouldnt stay there . Stone Mtn is a must visit they have a train ride or you can got to the top . Lots to do around there .you can get duel passes for six flags and white waters ..

clpaidrag_e0.gif

(dadofthree @ Feb. 19 2007,20:50) Is the underground for the family  
rock.gif
Yesit is during the day not bad ..lots of shops and eateries. You have to eat at the varsity its a famous hotdog joint good food ..You can see the state capitol right near underground coke is there also go over I20 from the capitol and you can see turner field (braves stadium) and olimpic park famous for the bombing /.There is just to much to do in Atlanta you wont do it in 5 days .. the zoo is also nice for the kids also downtown.

tmntanileo.gif

I am definitely going to Stone Mountain. I heard about the Laser Light show, I didn't know if there was anything else to do over there. I'm leaning toward staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Atlanta - Buckhead or the Staybridge Suites ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD. How are these areas? Are there any restaurants in the area? There is also a Homewood Suites in the Galleria/Cumberland area. Are there any Bars near the Buckhead hotels? I'll also have to check out the Varsity, is it in the Underground mall? Jumping on the MARTA doesn't sound like a bad idea. Is it pretty safe for the family?

Buckhead is a nice area, there are plenty of restrauants, I will have to check which ones are good. The area is about 10 miles South of me. Marta train is right there to take you into town, plenty of malls, anything and everything would would want is near by.

I just want to the aquarium with my little neice and she had a blast.  We all had a great time.  It was pretty busy today with a lot of kids so if you're going when school is going to be out buy your tickets online. AQUARIUM

(Powers739 @ Feb. 19 2007,21:41) BusaSamuri what part of Atl are you located???  I'm looking for someone to ride with...
I live in Augusta but come to atlanta alot will be there sat for the bike convention...Will be riding the samurai

(Lilrock @ Feb. 19 2007,21:57) I am definitely going to Stone Mountain. I heard about the Laser Light show, I didn't know if there was anything else to do over there. I'm leaning toward staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Atlanta - Buckhead or the Staybridge Suites ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD. How are these areas? Are there any restaurants in the area? There is also a Homewood Suites in the Galleria/Cumberland area. Are there any Bars near the Buckhead hotels? I'll also have to check out the Varsity, is it in the Underground mall? Jumping on the MARTA doesn't sound like a bad idea. Is it pretty safe for the family?
Varsity is not in underground atlanta but close to it . Cumberland area is pretty nice and plenty of places to eat ..Depends on what kind of bars you go to but there is plenty in the buckhead area..Atlanta nightlife

Sorry I am going to miss you Samuri, I will be out of town, but give me a heads up if you are in town and want to hit the mountains...

Back