Questions about cars

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
My question is this i was looking at supras and skylines and i noticed thier stock power was mid 240s. Slap a turbo and you get 600 hp...my question is can i take a regular car like a v6 mustang, altima or some other 6 banger and throw a turbo on it and get the same results, or is this something only these cars do? Just doesnt make sense why do these cars get the reps for make all this hp is there something in there build? Yes i know the skyline is all wheel drive but what about the supra? Other than fast and the furious what makes it such an animal? Why can they produce all this power...and why the hell is a 97 model toyota still selling for 40k+

The supras were pretty bad azz cars to begin with. The 600 horsepower doesn't come from a turbo alone. But I think, and I could be wrong, that the engines in those are built strong enough to handle the serious modifications to build high horsepower. A modern stock 6 cylinder car, such as the maxima, boosted could make around 400 horsepower would be my guesstimate. You have to get in the motor to get 600.

like said above, those years of supras were ur best years.. plus they are SO easy 2 make a dyno queen (and still run 12's
tounge.gif
). as far as a new v6 and doing that.. nope, wont happen.

What about them made them like that? Yeah they were bad ass but out the box they didnt make 8-900 hp...I think it was a matter of slapping a different turbo on to do that...now why wont the cars made today to that
rock.gif

The skyline internals will take 1000 Hp easy with no mods, bolt on another turbo,upgrade the fuel system and properly map the curve and youre there.The ford V-6 can be made to run, but all the internals have to be upgraded.

I dont know what shindo got for his supra, But I do know you would be hard pressed to buy a supra in that condition and make 750 hp with 40,000.Speed cost , bottom line.

so what other legendary cars should be considered?

Supra
Skyline
Eclipse AWD

Are there any others that can take big power?

Supra
Skyline
Eclipse AWD

This one is a major sleeper, the mitsubishi Galant VR-4,basically all the eclipse AWD running gear in a 4-door car.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120525034 -->

ahh teh 3000 gt heard about that one. Any other sleepers?

Supra
Skyline
Eclipse AWD

I wouldn't consider the Eclipse AWD legendary, just because IMO 500hp does not a legend make. The Galant AWD is a great sleeper, but still not making enough power. Supra, Skyline, 300ZX, 3000GT and RX-7 are the ones that come to my mind as relatively easy to make fast and capable of being made ridiculous if modded correctly. These to me are the "Legends". Of course these are just Japanese cars, there are many cars from other countries which should be included, but that's prolly a whole different thread......

Acura nsx was also a bad azz car out of the box. Rear engine all wheel drive, light weight, but much pricier than those listed though.

Acura nsx was also a bad azz car out of the box.  Rear engine all wheel drive, light weight, but much pricier than those listed though.
ahh i saw one at gateway and its about 1000 miles away from a sleeper.

I didnt meant the eclipse was legendary i meant a lot of folks know about the AWD turbo.

Ok another car questions i was think about reliablity as this will be my only mode of transportation other than the busa so....what newer car has the geatest potential to really haul ass...10-low 11 sec 1/4s. And which has a strong block with good power to start off with....i was thinking mustang gt, or nissan 350z. Are there any others than make good power and would be fairly easy to mod and have 10 sec potential. As for teh block i planned on supercharging/turbo charging so i want it to be able to handle the power. Im getting a raise in Jan and i want to have the money already spent
smile.gif
. Oh yeah didnt want something that cost an arm and a leg either.

my bet would be on a Mustang GT....but an older model.

From what you're looking at, the Supra is pretty much the way to go. Fairly simple to make insane power.

If ya want some really good grunt, get yerself a Yanko or a Boss...those'll make some pretty kick-azz power.

Well the supras are pretty pricey for their age i can't see paying 40k for a 8-9 year old car. I also want something with power right away as mods wont come til later and not all at once
wink.gif

well they're only about 25 for one thats not modded out the azz. Would like to have some kind of warrenty that the new cars have until mods start
blush.gif

IF you want a good car and want it for descent gas mileage n strip use get a grand national or a turbo ta. More money off the get go but 13-14 sec range out the box and then jus upgrade from there.

Back