R1 VS 1300 results

OB_jaimwolfe

Registered
Hey all use Abuser lovers! My friend Brenden recently got his Black/Grey 1300R and here are some results from our Dyno day Saturday,
1300R 150.2hp, 94lbs of Torque
R1 136.8hp, 74lbs of Torque
Luckily he weighs 50lbs or so more than me, So in 2nd gear roll ons from 40 or so, Its DEAD even all the way up till 140 or so, then you know what happens.

The other night we raced from a dead stop, and after killing him on the launch, I hit 165mph (indicated) before he streaked past me. Admittedly, he is not a Drag racer at heart, so don't nail him too much for the launch!

You guys have a great bike, and I simply loved riding it. If I didn't love my wheelies so much, I would own one if I didn't love my wheelies so much!

Jaim Wolfe
Xerox Corp

In case you didn't know the Abuser is a pretty good wheelie bike to, not as good as the R1 but still very respectable. I know I'm fortunate enough to have both.

No doubt the R1 is a great wheelie machine. The 13R is a great wheelie machine also! On throttle alone it will rise up through first gear and depending on conditions, you can speed shift into second, then to third, then I put it down for a nice landing. Today, it touched down at over 110, I for one dont like to ride through third gear because of all the speed that it carries. The bike sets very well on the wheel in second gear and has a nice balance to it. The GSXR750 I just sold, was a snap to wheelie and very well balance once on the wheel, but I must say I am very impressed with the way the 1300R wheelies.

Hyper.

You bet the Abuser is a good wheelie machine as well! I didn't mean to say it wasn't, but I can't seem to bring my friends 1300 up nearly as easily in 2nd as I can on my R1. I kindof doubt I could endo it as easily either, but who knows! Personally, I won't shift 1st-2nd in a wheelie, as I did that alot on my F3 and it eventually started false neutralling more and more. With the R1 I just bring em up in second, and usually lay em down in second. Of course, you have the every so often 2nd, 3rd, 4th chirp (touchdown chirp accompanied with smoke!)!

Tear em up! Any Quarter Mile times yet? Other Dyno Results?

well, first of all, unless this r-1 was VERY HIGHLY modified, passing a hayabusa at 165 just makes no sense. i've been out there on mine against highly modified gsxr-1100's, zx-11's, r-1's, etc, etc. no one, and i mean no one could catch me, much less pass me. that's not prejudice, that's just plain simple fact. secondly, mine dyno'd at 156.4 rwhp on a dynojet 150 dyno. that was at 550 miles. that also doesn't include the ram air. i've seen rediculous speeds out of mine and unfortunately, have crashed it. a little old lady decided to pull out of a parking lot last week without looking and right in front of me. t-bone is the word. wish i had my cape on, people woulda swore they saw superman. lol anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their bikes regardless of brand or make. they are all insane. wooohooooo
p.s. 135 mph wheelies are no problem with this bike. start in first or second gear, shift through fourth, just stay steady and it will just go and go. by the way, second gear wheelies are simple as well. get to about 80 mph in second, steady, then whack the throttle and up she comes. feels great.
mike

My Black and Silver Abuser pulled 154.8 on a Dynojet 150 Dyno with just over 1000 miles on the speedo. No quarter miles times but on the dyno the speedo was indicating 210 mph. We all know the speedo is about 7% optimistic put that is still pretty impressive. Actuall riding I have seen 170 indicated. This weekend should be looking for a long straingt away to see just how high it will go..

well, i went a 10:30 @ 138 my first pass on my busa bone stock. no burnout, no lowering of suspension or air pressure. that was damn quick. after that, i went home. lol just wanted to see what it would do. amazingly, i only got a 1.9 short time, i babied it out of the hole due to the hydraulic clutch. i've never ran a hydraulic clutch and this thing was really grabby. so, i putted out of the hole then rolled into it. pretty impressive bike by my standards.
mike

We have dyno two here at ProStreetCycles in Dallas, we both made right at 155 rwhp. Sound like we are all getting close to the same numbers.
On the dyno my bike did 194mph with speedo reading 210. And I just got past 195 speedo before I got scared and ran out of road :) I would guess it was about 180mph.

I took mine to the take my first & second launch with the bike and that glitch clutch I ran 10.5. But there was some all out dragracers that were turning 10.0 flat. One of them just broke into the 9's a pass or two.

Keep in mind guys .. the Dyno does not take in account for Ram Air. So add about 5 to 7 hp to your Dyno numbers. At 120--180mph...there is some serious air flow coming in the tennis ball sized air ducts.....I've seen a range from 153hp to 161hp on the Dyno on 3 different Busas....i guess mass production gains and loozes hp from japan to USA.....
Bo

Hey Hiabuser,
Might wan't to read more closely, I stated that I reached 165mph before he passed me, not the other way around. But, your right, the 1300R has more power, and is faster.

Jaim Wolfe

Hey guys, I have a 94 GSX-R1100 that has gone 10.48@130.823 with just 123RWHP. Ran that time twice on the same day at Pomona, CA. no pipe, no jetting, no lowering, no gearing. just good old fashioned riding. run 1.70 to 60' on both passes. Motor is in GA now getting some HP to the tune of about 150. Watch out guys cause with an extra 25ponies I'll be there. Still no contest top speed or anything but at the drags I can hang with the best of them. LOL

Unles your pal's bus had a spark plug missing or he rides like a dairy farmer, then no way will a R1 outdrag a Bus, it's not scientifically possible.

The Bus (well in England anyway) is 0.5 seconds faster than a 166mph R1 over the standing quart.

Every R1 owner I have come up against has always refused to race me (out of sheer respect I think).

Still another burden to bear when you are the undisputed king I suppose.

Z
The Woop with the RED Scoot!!!
First private GSX1300R owner in England.

hey guys ,i raced a good racer the other day.he was on his nice new R1 and i was on my busa.he got me on the launch,(my bad)i held first gear til 10000rpm or so,clicked secound and never looked back......also i have another buddy who has a 91 GSXR1100? with a sims and rohm blower on it.we did both top speed and drag.i launched great that night all three times.got three to five bikes on the launch.he could NOT make up the difference.as for top we saw an indicated 195 or so he still could NOT get me.we had the most fun humans are allowed to have.i am waiting for my new leathers to get here AGV FALCONS before i go to LEBENON VALLEY DRAGWAY and show the drag bikes what a stock bike has.i am scheduled to go for my dyno time on thurs 6/31,i will let you know how it goes later

TO JAIMWOLFE I RAN A R1 TODAY AND HAD NO PROBLEM EATING IT UP.AT A RED LIGHT I PULLED UP TO A R1 AND LOOKED AT HIM THEM HE ALSO LOOKED AT ME WHEN THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN I LET IT GO 10.000 RPM 1ST GEAR AT 70 MPH IT WENT UP IN THE AIR I POWER SHIFTED IT IN TO 2ND AND I LOOK BACK TO SEE WHERE THE R1 WAS HE WAS ABOUT 8 BIKES BACK AT THE END OF THE RUN WE STOP TO TALK.HE WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH MY NEW 1300R IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FRIEND BRENDEN IS AFRAID OF HIS 1300R I RAN BIKES FOR YEARS AT CONN.DRAGS AND THIS STOCK BIKES GOES.

Back