rear stand for gen3 busa

kabali

Registered
I bought the Pitbull fully adjustable rear stand. but after I ordered the website description got updated saying the stand is not for gen3 busa.
What you all are using for rear stand for Gen3 busa? please advise

That's the one I got. Removable handle, I set it at its lowest point, and it still lifts the rear wheel just fine. Spools work fine.
074CFA17-57CB-422D-8FD9-3ADA6B0A21E5.jpeg

I bought the Pitbull fully adjustable rear stand. but after I ordered the website description got updated saying the stand is not for gen3 busa.
I can't see how the Pit Bull forward handle rear stand wouldn't work. It's a bit tricky to jostle the stand into place so it engages the spools but after that, it's very safe to lift the Gen2.

I also own a Heindl Enginering swingarm pivot stand and that one is even safer. It has to work on the Gen3. ....unless it doesn't clear the side plastics, then you'd need to take them off before lifting. The Abba stand looks similar but even better than the Heindl.

It works, I just bought 1 about 2 months ago and ordered another today, they say it will not work because it just barely touches the oem mudflap, and with everyone being a whine ass they have to say it doesn’t work, but it does

I have the stock fender, not installed the fender eliminator kit.

earlier, I tried removing my tag plate, even then I couldn't catch the spool easily and when I manage to catch I couldn't even lift the bike a bit. I kept the height adjuster at full height. my fault not seeing the comments or workaround suggested here. apologies.

doh!(as simpson says) the pitbull manager was so nice he sent me a return shipping label, I returned it and it is in transit.

man I have to order it again. if not pitbull, Abba sky lifts is the alternative?

I just reread one of your posts, please lower the hooks to their lowest position before trying to grab the spools. If you have the hooks at their highest, it will be almost impossible to lift the bike.

It might help to have a friend grab a hold of the controls at the front of the bike, and hold it straight up. Then take a moment, roll the rear stand underneath the backend to make sure that your spools, and the hooks on the stand are properly lined up and adjusted.

I'm right handed, so I stand the bike up with my left hand and hold it straight up, while I take my right hand and slide the rear stand underneath the spools. Don't be in a hurry, take your time till you're absolutely sure the hooks on the stand have grabbed the spools then push straight down steady until the rear end comes up.

You might want to practice just pushing the bike up to center, and standing it straight up with whichever hand you choose so you get the feel for it, and that it doesn't want to tip to the left or the right while you're doing the lining up of the rear stand.

While you're doing this practice exercise, also work on letting the bike back down onto the side stand gently. We don't want to just let go of the bike and let it fall onto the side stand.

Be patient, it takes some practice, but after a while it will be as natural as pulling on your helmet. It just takes takes practice.:thumbsup:

PS While your friend is holding the front of the bike straight up, and you have a couple relaxed minutes, look down through the opening between the muffler and the swingarm on both sides, there's a little opening that you can see the hooks when you line up the hooks underneath the spools. Actually you're looking at 45° from the tail light lens to the spools. So you're looking down at 45° angle from the back of the bike toward the spools, and you'll be able to see where you're lining up the hooks on the stand with the spools on the swingarm. Don't look around the outsides of the mufflers, look between the swingarm and the muffler and you will see the spools much easier. This is looking straight down from the tail through the gap between the muffler and the swingarm.

Lastly, you're big enough. You're 220 pounds. You're slightly heavier than I am and I'm 6'2".:D

Last edited:
My stands came with both paddle and hooks....the only time I use the hooks is when I am taking off the rear tire. The rest of the time I use the paddles as the lift is less high.

I put the side stand on a block of wood (2x4) to get it a little more upright then I slide my rear stand in and align the paddles with the swingarm and feel when the paddles are aligned then push it up...I find it takes quite a bit more effort to get it on the spools with the hooks.

When I take it off, I make sure my side stand is down and then rotate the back stand out until the tire touches then I slowly allow the bike to lean towards the side stand while removing the rear stand.

Just like @Spudley says, it's practice and confidence, go slow and deliberate without being scared. Have someone with you the first few times until you get the technique down.

I have had pitbull stands for years, high quality stands..but, on this bike, the inability to see the spools, plus, the hard angle of lifting the bike made me rethink that..lotta weight to balance one hand, while not looking..

Ordered a woodcraft stand, liked the height adjustability, dont need a bike 5 inches up..1/2 inch gets it all done, and the effort required is much less to lift the bike, as the fulcum point is lower..

and to take the mystery outta balancing it, I use a front chock..nothin gonna fall, or tip..

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

I have had pitbull stands for years, high quality stands..but, on this bike, the inability to see the spools, plus, the hard angle of lifting the bike made me rethink that..lotta weight to balance one hand, while not looking..

Ordered a woodcraft stand, liked the height adjustability, dont need a bike 5 inches up..1/2 inch gets it all done, and the effort required is much less to lift the bike, as the fulcum point is lower..

and to take the mystery outta balancing it, I use a front chock..nothin gonna fall, or tip..

View attachment 1643287

View attachment 1643288
Do these stands swivel 360 degree so i could turn my bike around and ride it straight out?

It works, I just bought 1 about 2 months ago and ordered another today, they say it will not work because it just barely touches the oem mudflap, and with everyone being a whine ass they have to say it doesn’t work, but it does
That makes sense.. Pit bull was doing the same in my Gen 2.

@Spudley AND @Taylor were you able to lift the busa on your own or we need 2 people. I'm 5 ft 11" and 220lb guy still couldn't do it on my own. also I'm new to using a rear stand meaning this is the first time and I'm trying directly on a busa
Put the side stand on a piece of wood, or anything hard enough, and try again. You can check on you tube how it is done. It took me a while to gain confidence, but after a few times you will not not even think about it.

Back