Rode the fiance's GSXR and...

cougar694u

Registered
Man, I'm contemplating selling the bus and go back to a liter bike. Hers is a 2004 GSXR600, but man that thing's a blast to ride.

It was like riding a dirt bike. That 100 pounds makes a BIG difference that I hadn't noticed before. Despite having about 50 less HP, and who knows how much torque, it hauls ass.

I got to looking at the gsxr1k's and I may be getting rid of the bus.

What type of riding do you plan on doing? I own both and let me tell you that the 1k is no where near the comfort and stability as the Busa. Short rides around town and back roads the 1k is dominant. True though that once you ride any of the current liter bikes. The busa feels like a cadillac.

(Big E @ Feb. 13 2007,10:08) What type of riding do you plan on doing? I own both and let me tell you that the 1k is no where near the comfort and stability as the Busa. Short rides around town and back roads the 1k is dominant. True though that once you ride any of the current liter bikes. The busa feels like a cadillac.
Most of my riding is some daily commute, hill country, twisties, and a track day here and there. I don't think a liter bike could be any more uncomfortable than my 92 FZR600, except maybe a kwak. I rode that from Houston to Austin, then to San Antonio, then back to Houston on two separate occasions. True, the busa's like a cadillac, or a hot-rod lincoln.

(Bigbody @ Feb. 13 2007,10:04) but how long can you ride it?
As long as I want, since I'd buy my own and not ride hers.

(cougar694u @ Feb. 13 2007,11:40) True, the busa's like a cadillac, or a hot-rod lincoln.
You're gonna drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving "THAT HOT ROD LINCOLN"

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 13 2007,11:58)
(cougar694u @ Feb. 13 2007,11:40) True, the busa's like a cadillac, or a hot-rod lincoln.
You're gonna drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving "THAT HOT ROD LINCOLN"
Anyone remember this song? Come on how old are you?

Something always seems better when you have another to fall back on. I've seen some guys here sell their Busa to get a liter, only to find out after awhile that it didn't do it for them and they regretted selling the Busa.  Of course, there's guys that have bought a liter and never looked back.

I think that once you own a Busa that it spoils you.  Cause the bike can do so much, it's so versitle.  Then when you go to a bike that excells in a certain area, you feel lacking elsewhere. That's why if i get a liter or something else, i'm gonna keep the Busa too.

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 13 2007,10:59)
That's exactly what I was thinking when I posted that. Honestly, I didn't expect anyone to pick up on it.

(GMbusa @ Feb. 13 2007,11:10) That's why if i get a liter or something else, i'm gonna keep the Busa too.
Yeah, I may go that route one day.

Ive taken my busa cross country. I wouldnt dare try it on my gsxr. The gsxr is blast to ride though. I usually go maybe 2 hours tops on the gsxr as I can ride the busa all day.

(GMbusa @ Feb. 13 2007,12:10) Something always seems better when you have another to fall back on. I've seen some guys here sell their Busa to get a liter, only to find out after awhile that it didn't do it for them and they regretted selling the Busa.  Of course, there's guys that have bought a liter and never looked back.

I think that once you own a Busa that it spoils you.  Cause the bike can do so much, it's so versitle.  Then when you go to a bike that excells in a certain area, you feel lacking elsewhere. That's why if i get a liter or something else, i'm gonna keep the Busa too.
bowdown.gif

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 13 2007,08:59)
Excellent song! And one of the first "Raps" I remember. ;) It needs to be remixed and rereleased!

(WWJD @ Feb. 13 2007,13:00)
Excellent song!  And one of the first "Raps" I remember.  ;)  It needs to be remixed and rereleased!

http://images.google.com/imgres?....rl=http

Hot Rod Lincoln - The Car & The Song
The creator of Hot Rod Lincoln is Charlie Ryan. He fashioned both the car and the song.

Charlie Ryan is a musician, songwriter and a car guy. In the late 1940s, he purchased a used 1941 Lincoln Zephyr four-door sedan. After a couple of years, he decided to make a hot rod out of it. He removed the Zephyr body, cut two feet off the frame to shorten the wheelbase and dropped a 1930 Ford Model A coupe body on it. At first, the car was painted black with red wheels. Charlie installed a '48 V-12 engine in it along with the 3 speed + overdrive '48 transmission. The car has a lot of Lincoln touches on it, including cut-down Zephyr bumpers, a Lincoln emblem on the radiator, an the Lincoln greyhound radiator ornament. The interior has a narrowed '41 Zephyr dashboard. At first, the car was painted black with red wheels. Later, in 1960, the car was repainted red. It was repainted again in 1986 in Datsun Z-car red. Charlie says, "The paint's the only Japanese thing on it."

While he was working on the car, Charlie was thinking about the song. By the early 1950s, he had the lyrics worked out and began performing it. Charlie Ryan recorded 'Hot Rod Lincoln' in 1955; it was released as a single by Souvenir Records in 1957. It became a major hit in many regions of the United States. While traveling to perform, Charlie and his wife Ruthie often took the Hot Rod Lincoln on tour. By 1960, it needed another engine. Charlie installed a 1939 Lincoln V-12. It's still powering the car today.

Other car songs were written before Charlie's, everything from 'My Merry Oldsmobile' (1903) to Jackie Brentson's 'Rocket 88' (1951 - and, with Ike Turner on keyboard, it's considered by many to be the very first rock n' roll song). But 'Hot Rod Lincoln' was the first car song to become a major hit and make the Billboard top ten list.

'Hot Rod Lincoln' has been performed by many artists - Johnny Bond had a regional hit with the song in 1959; Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen covered it in 1972. In the 80s, Asleep At The Wheel did a very nice version. In 1995, Jim Varney (Ernest) recorded a cover which was used in 'The Beverly Hillbillies' movie.

Today, at 83 years old, Charlie Ryan is semi-retired - but he still occasionally performs the song. The photo above was taken at the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club's 1994 National Meet in Silverdale, Washington. Charlie brought the car and gave a live performance of 'Hot Rod Lincoln' - to the cheers of a room filled with over 300 Lincoln enthusiasts. Charlie and Ruthie (married 62 years) have been awarded lifetime memberships in our Club.

They spend their summers at their Spokane, Washington home - their winters are spent relaxing in Arizona. And, after all these years, they still have the car.

Hot Rod Lincoln - Song Lyrics
My pappy said, 'Son, you're gonna drive me t' drinkin' ...
If you don't quit drivin' that - Hot ... Rod ... Lincoln!'

Well, you've heard the story of the hot rod race,
When the Ford and the Mercury were settin' the pace.
That story's true I'm here to say,
Cause I was a'drivin' that Model A.

It's got a Lincoln motor and it's really souped up;
That Model A body makes it look like a pup.
It's got 12 cylinders and uses them all;
And an overdrive that just won't stall.

It's got a 4-barrel carb and dual exhausts,
4:11 gears that really get lost -
Safety tubes and I'm not scared,
The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

We left San Pedro late one night;
The moon and the stars were shinin' bright.
We were drivin' up Grapevine Hill,
Passin' cars like they were standin' still.

Then, all of a sudden, in the wink of an eye,
a Cadillac sedan passed us by.
The remark was made, "That's the car for me."
But, by then, the taillights wuz all you could see.

Well, the fellers ribbed me for bein' behind,
So I started to make that Lincoln unwind.
Took my foot off the gas and, man alive,
I shoved it down into overdrive.

Well, I wound it up to 110;
Twisted the speedometer cable right off the end.
Had my foot glued right to the floor;
I said, "That's all there is - there ain't no more."

Now the fellas thought I'd lost all sense;
The telephone poles looked like a picket fence.
They said, "Slow down, I see spots."
The lines on the road just looked like dots.

Went around a corner and passed a truck;
I crossed my fingers just for luck -
The fenders clickin' the guard rail post;
The guy beside me was white as a ghost.

Smoke was rollin' outta the back
When I started to gain on that Cadillac
I knew I could catch him and hoped I could pass
But when I did I'd be short on gas.

There were flames comin' from out of the side;
You could feel the tension; man, what a ride.
I said, "Look out, boys, I've got a license to fly"
And the Cadillac pulled over and let me by.

All of a sudden a rod started knockin';
Down in the depths she started a rockin'.
I looked in the mirror and a red light was blinkin';
The cops was after my Hot Rod Lincoln.

Well they arrested me and put me in jail.
I called my pop to make my bail.
He said, "Son, you're gonna drive me t' drinkin',
If you don't quit drivin' that - Hot ... Rod ... Lincoln!"

Keep the Busa and ride the girlfriends bike when you feel like it.
SHOCKED.gif

( in a whisper type ) She's not on here is she ?

laugh.gif

(pward76 @ Feb. 13 2007,16:16)
(WWJD @ Feb. 13 2007,13:00)
Excellent song!  And one of the first "Raps" I remember.  ;)  It needs to be remixed and rereleased!

http://images.google.com/imgres?....rl=http

Hot Rod Lincoln - The Car & The Song
The creator of Hot Rod Lincoln is Charlie Ryan. He fashioned both the car and the song.

Charlie Ryan is a musician, songwriter and a car guy. In the late 1940s, he purchased a used 1941 Lincoln Zephyr four-door sedan. After a couple of years, he decided to make a hot rod out of it. He removed the Zephyr body, cut two feet off the frame to shorten the wheelbase and dropped a 1930 Ford Model A coupe body on it. At first, the car was painted black with red wheels. Charlie installed a '48 V-12 engine in it along with the 3 speed + overdrive '48 transmission. The car has a lot of Lincoln touches on it, including cut-down Zephyr bumpers, a Lincoln emblem on the radiator, an the Lincoln greyhound radiator ornament. The interior has a narrowed '41 Zephyr dashboard. At first, the car was painted black with red wheels. Later, in 1960, the car was repainted red. It was repainted again in 1986 in Datsun Z-car red. Charlie says, "The paint's the only Japanese thing on it."

While he was working on the car, Charlie was thinking about the song. By the early 1950s, he had the lyrics worked out and began performing it. Charlie Ryan recorded 'Hot Rod Lincoln' in 1955; it was released as a single by Souvenir Records in 1957. It became a major hit in many regions of the United States. While traveling to perform, Charlie and his wife Ruthie often took the Hot Rod Lincoln on tour. By 1960, it needed another engine. Charlie installed a 1939 Lincoln V-12. It's still powering the car today.

Other car songs were written before Charlie's, everything from 'My Merry Oldsmobile' (1903) to Jackie Brentson's 'Rocket 88' (1951 - and, with Ike Turner on keyboard, it's considered by many to be the very first rock n' roll song). But 'Hot Rod Lincoln' was the first car song to become a major hit and make the Billboard top ten list.

'Hot Rod Lincoln' has been performed by many artists - Johnny Bond had a regional hit with the song in 1959; Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen covered it in 1972. In the 80s, Asleep At The Wheel did a very nice version. In 1995, Jim Varney (Ernest) recorded a cover which was used in 'The Beverly Hillbillies' movie.

Today, at 83 years old, Charlie Ryan is semi-retired - but he still occasionally performs the song. The photo above was taken at the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club's 1994 National Meet in Silverdale, Washington. Charlie brought the car and gave a live performance of 'Hot Rod Lincoln' - to the cheers of a room filled with over 300 Lincoln enthusiasts. Charlie and Ruthie (married 62 years) have been awarded lifetime memberships in our Club.

They spend their summers at their Spokane, Washington home - their winters are spent relaxing in Arizona. And, after all these years, they still have the car.

Hot Rod Lincoln - Song Lyrics
My pappy said, 'Son, you're gonna drive me t' drinkin' ...
If you don't quit drivin' that - Hot ... Rod ... Lincoln!'

Well, you've heard the story of the hot rod race,
When the Ford and the Mercury were settin' the pace.
That story's true I'm here to say,
Cause I was a'drivin' that Model A.

It's got a Lincoln motor and it's really souped up;
That Model A body makes it look like a pup.
It's got 12 cylinders and uses them all;
And an overdrive that just won't stall.

It's got a 4-barrel carb and dual exhausts,
4:11 gears that really get lost -
Safety tubes and I'm not scared,
The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

We left San Pedro late one night;
The moon and the stars were shinin' bright.
We were drivin' up Grapevine Hill,
Passin' cars like they were standin' still.

Then, all of a sudden, in the wink of an eye,
a Cadillac sedan passed us by.
The remark was made, "That's the car for me."
But, by then, the taillights wuz all you could see.

Well, the fellers ribbed me for bein' behind,
So I started to make that Lincoln unwind.
Took my foot off the gas and, man alive,
I shoved it down into overdrive.

Well, I wound it up to 110;
Twisted the speedometer cable right off the end.
Had my foot glued right to the floor;
I said, "That's all there is - there ain't no more."

Now the fellas thought I'd lost all sense;
The telephone poles looked like a picket fence.
They said, "Slow down, I see spots."
The lines on the road just looked like dots.

Went around a corner and passed a truck;
I crossed my fingers just for luck -
The fenders clickin' the guard rail post;
The guy beside me was white as a ghost.

Smoke was rollin' outta the back
When I started to gain on that Cadillac
I knew I could catch him and hoped I could pass
But when I did I'd be short on gas.

There were flames comin' from out of the side;
You could feel the tension; man, what a ride.
I said, "Look out, boys, I've got a license to fly"
And the Cadillac pulled over and let me by.

All of a sudden a rod started knockin';
Down in the depths she started a rockin'.
I looked in the mirror and a red light was blinkin';
The cops was after my Hot Rod Lincoln.

Well they arrested me and put me in jail.
I called my pop to make my bail.
He said, "Son, you're gonna drive me t' drinkin',
If you don't quit drivin' that - Hot ... Rod ... Lincoln!"
Nice got the picture of the Hot Rod?

(GMbusa @ Feb. 14 2007,01:10) Of course, there's guys that have bought a liter and never looked back.
That would be me!
laugh.gif

But seriously, when I get the funds I will get a Busa for the daily commute and long trips only and keep the liter for roadracing and trackdays. But the liter has been MORE THAN I expected. The power of the new gixxers are unreal. Like having the mid-range, top end power of the Busa in a package that's 80-100 lbs lighter and can handle like a MOFO!!

(pward76 @ Feb. 13 2007,16:40) yep - it's linked to in the message above.
Yea I saw that after I posted, but left it hoping someone has a larger one!
Thanx!

I not only remember it, I remember it when it was NEW  
laugh.gif
. It came out the same year as the movie, "Thunder Road" staring Robert Mitchem (Sp ?)  
tounge.gif

Thunder, Thunder, over Thunder Road, danger was my living and white lighting was my load :::::  
jump9.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 13 2007,14:03)
I not only remember it, I remember it when it was NEW  
laugh.gif
. It came out the same year as the movie, "Thunder Road" staring Robert Mitchem (Sp ?)  
tounge.gif

Thunder, Thunder, over Thunder Road, danger was my living and white lighting was my load :::::  
jump9.gif
Daaaaannnng! You're OLD dude!
poke.gif

bowdown.gif

(says the guy born in '58)

Back