Scala Q2 just arrived

AndySV1K

Registered
Been looking for a solution to comms on the move, as much as anything because ive now got a 250 scooter which i use quite a lot for work travel.

After seeing the Q2, i thought thats gotta be the one for me.

I ordered a multi set a couple of days ago which arrived this morning.

Initial thoughts are that its very impressive, really well package witha quality feel to it all.

took the little units out and stuck them both on charge.

The brackets have the mic boom and two earpieces attached.

The reason for two is one for the mrs. but firstly, i will use both mounts on my two helmets for testing.

Put the first mount on my Shoei in just a few mins, really easy to do, just two allen bolts and a little cable routing.

The units have only four buttons, but you can actually do quite a lot with them.

The only disapointing thing so far, is that after reading the instructions (yeah i know, i dont usually read instructions till its broke, but i was bored waiting for them to charge!) It appears that you can only talk to one other headset at a time and you can only talk to two headsets total, i got the impression from reading advertising blurb that i could connect to three headsets and my phone. Now that is annoying as i ride with a pillion and two other riders, so this means i can only talk to one other rider. Maybe a clearer description in the advertising would help.

apart from this, im still impressed though, paired it with my phone in just a few secs. tested headset to headset, all good.

havnt yet tried it on the bike, but hopefully that will come tomorrow. but indoors, my god its LOUD!! the little speakers say 0.5w on the back, thats a lot for a headphone style speaker!

just a minute ago, i tried the radio and was impressed again! got plenty of stations, much more than my mobile phone can get, and that has to use a wired headset for an aerial. saving stations is easy and clicking between the stations gives one bleep for preset one, two for preset two etc etc.

Cant wait to try it on the bike. Will try the phone tomorrow, but maybe a while before i can use the pillion feature as im off away for a while.

hope this info helps anyone looking for a phone link or basic bike to bike.

Andy.

I love mine.... I spent 8 hours talking to busa159 at Eureka and we had a blast....

It just adds a little creature comfort.

It also keeps me sane, cos if i pull over to the side of the road, scramble to get my gloves off coat undone, pocket opened, phone out just to miss a call by a split second once more, im gonna go crazy!

How do you find the bluetooth range, bike to bike? I tried it earlier with one inside the house at the front, i could go to the back of the house out in the garden and most of the way down the garden before it started breakup a little, not too bad seeing as there were a couple of walls in the way. Im sure it will be better out on the road.

Andy.

Back