Screen/area rattle on gen 3

Irishbusaguy

Registered
Hi all just wondering did any of you get a rattle /vibration noise comming from the screen area , happens now & again when hitting bumpy surfaces , the screen seems to vibrate quiet a bit when riding on bumpy back roads !!

The windscreen might be a dealer setup item, meaning they could have done an incompetent job. I would seek out the removal process from the service manual and go through a removal and reinstall. If something does not fit quite right (unlikely) snap a photo and contact Suzuki.

I would address this as I would be concerned about excessive movement wearing or snapping off mounting tabs.

The screen is designed to be a loose fit to avoid cracks. Get some foam tape and put it along the bottom of the screen where it slides into the cowl (mine is a Gen 2). That fixed it for me. Do not try to over tighten the screen into the fairing or it will crack during riding. I had a PUIG double bubble that I loved but nothing I did stopped the buzzing.

Crazy man, but that might just be the price of progress. My Gen 2 windscreen vibrates a bit at idle. Otherwise, it's steady. That beefed up midrange might be causing more vibes. I would live with it and do whatever you can to mitagate it. Lots of times, maybe most times, you have to sacrifice something for a performance enhancement...I'd say most often in the power department than anything.

I was at the dealership when they prepped it. Service Tech and I installed it. It was pretty much a 2 guy job. A little ‘flexing’ on the faring to get the expanding rubbers installed.
Did you put the foam block in at the base?

Lol.....I had the dumbest rattle.... took me a long time to figure it out too. Key ring, bouncing off the aluminum.... only time it quit was when it would bounce over the top of the key.... then back down and resume killing me.... removed key ring.... removed rattle.

Back