Second time out, ET and MPH figures.

OB_JRBusa

Registered
Well gys, finally made it to the strip at Reynold GA. Temps started in the mid 70's and decreased to low fifties by the time I mad my last run. My best E.T. was 10.195, best mph 140.250. Bike is bone stock, no straps,no lowering, no clutch mods,stock gearing, has center stand and buddy seat, 99 Copper/Silver Busa. Did I pass the test? First official R/T in competition .517. First official win for me also as everybody I ran red-lited making it easy pickings. My Bus seems lean as falling temps hurt mph. Speed fell to 137.3 on last run even it was my best time for the evening. Bike seem to get leaner every time I ride it, now has 5800 mile and back tire is original. Sorry I havent been able to add much to the board but give me time, I will come thru, only had my bike for 6 weeks now. Mods and time slips, 12 encounters, forthcoming.

Humidity could have gone up, toward end of the day. Same thing happens here, at Carlsbad, Ca. Best runs seem to be mid-day to 2, or 3 pm. Mph starts going down, after that. This is the same with a variety of different bikes run there. ................. ...To put et. and mph in prespective, how much do you weigh ? What are you getting for 60' times ?

[This message has been edited by c.dolan (edited 24 April 2000).]

bike and rider weighed 715 lbs. by digital scales at trackside, that is 1/2 tank fuel,I weigh 175 lbs. with helment and leathers. Best 60 ft. time was 1.743

Sounds pretty good so far. Now put the clutch mod on and lower the bike and you should do 9.80's all day.

My best 60' was 1.75 / 1/4 mi. : 10.24 @ 137mh. 220 lb rider. 45 lb weight difference would get a 9.90 to 10.0 et. ?

Hey Numbnuts,
Bought the bike with 4200 original miles from a preacher who advertised it as 4000 carefully driven miles and he wasn't lying, bike looked like it hadn't been cranked it was so clean. the tire was like new but after 1600 miles of me, it is pretty much history now. Ordered a set of pilots today. 2500 miles is not bad. My old 83 GS 1100SD used to get about 1800 miles to a tire and I, like yu, don't do smoky burnouts. Just enough to clean the tire off. I use my old tires to go around my go-cart track.

If yu could only get that weight over the front tire, then it would be of benefit.Let my say that the track i ran (Reynolds GA)historically does not give good ET or MPH figures. I am basing this thought on earlier experiences at Commerce, Albany, Warner Robins, Dallas, and Twiggs County. Silver Dollar Dragway as it is known was consistently .1 to .15 slower in ET and 3 mph slower so I feel reasonable sure that I culd go say 10.0ish at Commerce or Albany assuming nothing has changed recently. Not bashing the track tho. Ed Swearingen runs a tight ship, is a great facility, just doesn't allow yuo to set any records, at least not to my knowledge.

5800 miles original tyre??

Teach me how....had to change mine after 2500 miles, and I dont do strips or burnouts

Perhaps I can set up business as a slick tyre provider, if this keeps up I'll be living in the things soon!!

Back