Shinko

U-soft.
thumb_up.gif

I'm running the 009 Raven. Love 'em! $160 for the set! I have over 7,000 miles on them and it's about time for a rear. Still have life in the front. True that they are only W-rated, but I don't sustain 160+ MPH!

IIRC, the 003 is also W-rated. However, it's a soft compound. Most folks will run the 003 on the drag strip.

You can ride it on the street, but it tends to have a flatter profile - not as conducive to cornering also the tread pattern will not really shed water very well. Again, it's main use is on the strip.

Like GoldenChild suggested, look at the 005's or the 009's for mostly street use.

had oo3,they suck,plain and simple,unless your going straight...

I now have PP 2CT's and love em,the bike just wants to lean over now
beerchug.gif

Run 009s on the bandit for commuting, works great and lasts forever. Can't beat the prices. btw my bro-in-law who is a eng. for a major tyre co. says the speed rating on car tires is for 10 hours. don't know if it is the same for bikes.

ran 003's (w/a 200 rear)last season and Ill 2nd 3rd and 4th they suck in the rain but otherwise i dont have any complaints about em for what they cost. I AM moving to another tire this season tho

005 but they're not rated for speed
All shinko's tires are indeed rated for speed. FYI
you may want to check again

W speed rated (168mph) FYI  
laugh.gif

unless you call 168 speed

it's still a good tire for the $$$$
How many miles have you put on your at 168 mph?
not many.  I was just throwing that out there so he would know. I ran the 05. good for around 5K.

Back