SLIGHT PROBLEM

OB_mslater

Registered
cbx,
No ram air on the before or after dyno runs. Just dyno 150, w/similiar temp and barometric pressure all three days. My bike dyno'd 154.5 stock, then 162.5 with Yosh pipe and Yosh map at all +5. Then I did airbox mod and bike lost power down to 156-7.
I ordered a pcII and the bike made 161.5 again with modified air box. I am now waiting on back-ordered BMC filter before I do more dyno now that I have a stock air box back (I also want to see ignition timing advanced vs. stock runs with the pcII map table 4).

ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN, NO WHAT IT IS.
COMING TO WORK THIS MORNING, PULLED AWAY FROM LIGHTS, WENT TO CHANGE TO THIRD AND THE REVS STAYED AT ABOUT 4000 WHEN I PULLED THE CLUTCH, TRIED REVING JUST TO SEE IF ANYTHING WAS STICKING BUT STILL THE REVS WERE UP, HIT KILL SWITCH, RESTARTED AND PROBLEM HAD GONE, BIKE HAD DONE ABOUT 30 MILES AND AFTER I HAD SWITCHED OFF PROBLEM NEVER RETURNED, WELL NOT YET ANYWAY. CAN ANYONE HELP??????

kaw,

Now i'm back to stock 003 map. When I had the modded air box on I adjusted the map little by little, adding fuel here and there, riding it, clocking my roll-on times from 40 along a known strectch of road, then coming back and adjusting the map again. First I added more fuel (alot more), then I started advancing ignition. I saved all my adjustments along the way, and feel like the final few maps were much stronger than the stock 003, though I don't have dyno nums to back that up. Only one dyno since using the pcII...an unaltered 003 map was able to compensate for the air box mod and get me back 161 of the 162.5 Hp I had stock air box/rs3/Yosh fuel settings.

But like I said, I'm waiting on my back-ordered BMC filter before I finish testing my modded maps on the dyno. I will have to go through the process again though now that I have a stock air box back on. We'll see...At least for me, the air box mod was definitely not all it was cracked up to be.

MILES COVERED SO FAR IS 11,000
BULLETINS 108 AND 109 STILL NOT RESOLVED, AT THE MOMENT SUZUKI GB SAYS THERE IS NOT A PROBLEM, BUT HOPEFULLY SHOULD BE RECEIVING LETTER ABOUT THE CAM TENSIONER RECALL, SUZUKI GB ALWAYS A MONTH BEHIND EVERYBODY ELSE

Check to make sure your throttle cables are not getting pinched or hung up. Also make sure your choke (fast idle) cable isn't getting hung up on something.

And also suggest knocking off your caps lock.

My recall work is being done next week in GB....yours should be sorted soon.

My bike had the same problem at around 1,000 miles. It happened the first ride after I did the air box mod. I was trying to stop at a stop sign and the revs wouldn't go below 5,000 on idle. Like yours, I hit kill switch and re-started a few times and the problem went away and then came back about 5 miles later. I was on my way to the local performance shop to see what HP gains I got from the air box mod.

Again I restarted, got to the shop, and from that point on never saw the problem again. Have got 2800 miles now. My airbox mod lost me 5 HP (which I got back with a pcII instead of YOSH back), but I have since ordered an uncut busa box from a salvage yard and replaced my modded box ($120).

On the TL1000R, the fast idle cables are a bit sticky. I think you have a similar system. On my TLR, if I use the fast idle, when I push it back to "off" I ALSO turn the throttle hard closed. This fixes it.

The fast idle gets sticky at the handlebar end where the control is. I squirt a bit of lube in mine every month or so when it gets worse. The throttle has push/pull cables, so if you close it hard the revs have to drop, unless the fast idle thingy is holding it stuck open a bit. Hope this helps.

Don`t want to sound pesimistic about your dyno run but did you put any type ram air in the the bike while on dyno. I`ve never and I mean never seen a bike loose HP with more air if the fuel is right...thats basically the reason for bigger valves and cams...more air...the more you burn the more HP. I agree the mod may actually hurt the bike in mid-range but its hard for me to believe that in the upper rpm range.

Back