Slip on’s Gen 3? Best ones/EBay?

MrMac

Registered
Hello Folks,

Anyone find any affordable (less than $600) slip ons for the Gen 3 that are worth putting on?

I noticed when checking EBay, they have knock off SC Project slip one for $250… anyone ever purchase those to find out if they’re good or not?

Any info is good info during my search! Thanks :)

A few slip ons for your information in the ballpark:
GRMoto
MTC

Don’t want to get full system, so looking for slip ons.

your looking for just more sound and/or a looks change
Mainly for sound, something reasonably priced if it’s only a slip on, ya know? Don’t care for too loud just loud enough to hear on the highway.

if money is tight you can modify the stock cans. gut the baffles and remove the catalytic converters. add some sound with the only cost your time and materials to reweld the muffler shut.

I knew my addiction to mods, power and sound were all going to make me buy a full system after being unhappy with slipons. If I had stuck to stock/slipons, I personally found the Austin Racing cans to be a pretty good price compared to the other options.

Look up Max Torque Cans out of the UK. The ones I want to get are satin stainless oval with the carbon outlet and the race not street baffles are right about $650 shipped. The have videos on Youtube the look and sound pretty good

Hello Folks,

Anyone find any affordable (less than $600) slip ons for the Gen 3 that are worth putting on?

I noticed when checking EBay, they have knock off SC Project slip one for $250… anyone ever purchase those to find out if they’re good or not?

GRMoto
MTC

the best u can get 4 money in my view is the akrapovic system

BUT

save your money
even the Akropic exhaust system only produces 3-5 kg less weight and only about 2-3 hp more
even if the ECU is measured on the test bench and reprogrammed.

THAT's the experience of a friend of mine who is a Gen3 owner here in Germany

He still scolds himself because he paid a whopping 2,500 euros for the new akra
man?

AND

anyone else who doesn't provide a performance chart is guaranteed to just steal power or torque from you in some speed range.

this happened to a good friend with his Gen2 with IXIL silencers
It felt like there was a significant loss of torque between 3-5500 rpm - the originals were back on and the Gen2 had power again as usual in all rpm ranges

2.5k euros (4 a akra) just for the look/beautyness, which is also in the eye of the beholder - in my opinion, sheer nonsense.

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

GRMoto
MTC

Those SC Project knock-offs and the KO Lightning that are sold on eBay look nice but are very loud and sound splashy and unrefined. If you want loud, go for them, but they won't sound pretty and some people will hate you, ha-ha.

MTC and GRMoto are actually good.

I wanted to add that Mivv (Italy) is desirable but their Gen 3 slip-ons are costlier than a full system. Dominator (Poland) is also desirable but they've yet to make slip-ons for th Gen 3, which is weird, because they have for even the most obscure, old bikes not sold anymore.

I'm waiting for them. I got the GP1 slip-ons for my ZX-10R and they're quality for the price and they were designed to be very loud but actually sound awesome.

While out of your price range, my next slip-ons will be the Austin Racing V3R. Just waiting for their price to go down.

Just wanted to mention those companies for future reference!

Gen 3’s are beautiful, except for the huge stock mufflers. But is it worth $600+ for slip-on’s that will change the looks and sound, but not add any appreciable performance?
I love the look and sound the of the slip-on’s but the cheapskate in me wrestles with the cost vs benefit

Back