SoCal ride Sat 3/5.

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
BaBusa will be close to town, so we're planning a ride. Hopefully, road conditions will be O.K., but no promises. Here are 2 areas we're looking at. Anyone have any info on the condition of these roads?? Any suggestions for this area, I haven't been in this area very much. We'll probably ride both areas.

I know Santa Monica Mts. are out and so is the crest. So this is our alternative.

First area...

CharlesBusa,

You may want to check this site before heading up to the Santa Clarita area (first map):

http://www.ladpw.org/mpm....4102442

A lot of roads back there aren't open at all (some are out 'till October!), so you may end up taking a lot of detours. This site doesn't mention the Frazier Park - 33 - Ojai roads, since that's Kern + Ventura county, but I just talked to someone today who said that the 33 into Ojai may be a problem as well...

sux, since the road's we're talking about are some of my favorite rides.....

Thanks for the info shortBoarder. I'll check it out. Another thing I'm watching is the weather, 30% chance of rain showers forecasted for Sat. But you know how far off those weather guys can be....

Thanks for the info shortBoarder.  I'll check it out.  Another thing I'm watching is the weather, 30% chance of rain showers forecasted for Sat.  But you know how far off those weather guys can be....
Thats why they sell rain gear  
tounge.gif
 I can flip a coin as well as any of those so called Weather guys  
laugh.gif

Hey Charles, I talked to thrasherfox the other day, he said either weekend was fine with him for the April trip.

Hey Charles, I talked to thrasherfox the other day, he said either weekend was fine with him for the April trip.
Well, April 29th, 30th and May 1st will probably be best since it gives the roads lots of time to dry.

What do you guys think??

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109639022 -->

Thanks for the info shortBoarder.  I'll check it out.  Another thing I'm watching is the weather, 30% chance of rain showers forecasted for Sat.  But you know how far off those weather guys can be....
Thats why they sell rain gear  
tounge.gif
 I can flip a coin as well as any of those so called Weather guys  
laugh.gif
Oh, I won't back out unless it turns into a much better chance of rain. 30% is like saying, it might...

Well, April 29th, 30th and May 1st will probably be best since it gives the roads lots of time to dry.

he What do you guys think??
That weekend is ok with me  
cool.gif
Allright, I've put in my leave request for Sunday.  Its a go for April 29th, 30th, and May 1st. Any suggestions on where Busahaya and I should look for accomdations??

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109639327 -->

cool.gif
Allright, I've put in my leave request for Sunday.  Its a go for April 29th, 30th, and May 1st.  Any suggestions on where Busahaya and I should look for accomdations??
It kinda depends on the areas where we ride. I will be stayin' down that way also. Maybe we could plan some routes for that ride this week, and I'll get info on hotels next week
rock.gif

cool.gif
Allright, I've put in my leave request for Sunday.  Its a go for April 29th, 30th, and May 1st.  Any suggestions on where Busahaya and I should look for accomdations??
It kinda depends on the areas where we ride. I will be stayin' down that way also. Maybe we could plan some routes for that ride this week, and I'll get info on hotels next week  
rock.gif
No rush, I just figured you or Thrash will have a better idea of where we should stay Fri night and Sat night.

We've got a while before the end of April rolls around.

If you will be traveling light we might stay at one place fri and another sat, it all depends on what direction we go and how many miles you want to ride. Friday nite we'll probably stay near Harris Ranch.

If you will be traveling light we might stay at one place fri and another sat, it all depends on what direction we go and how many miles you want to ride. Friday nite we'll probably stay near Harris Ranch.
I'll definately be packing light, just a backpack. One night here another night there sounds good to me. Figured you and Thrash will plan the ride and Nelson and I will follow.

Back