something close to basa

OB_jafeica7

Registered
sorry if this is a bore but i just picked up a piaggio zip sports pro 50 cc scooter twist ang go off a friend for my 16 year old son. the guy bought the bike and had it stripped and tuned by MALAROSSI to race spec £1500 + vat on engine alone
+ wets and gas shocks bigger rad etc and boy it flys wheelys like a good un even though im 16 stone and does 90 mph! @19000rpm its so much fun cant wait for biker night for the boy to piss a few sports bikes off i might run a book and make some money

[This message has been edited by jafeica7 (edited 17 August 1999).]

19,000 RPM??!!!!! That motor is twisting pretty hard wouldn't you say.

Vegas - it would help if the current gun laws that are already on the books were to be enforced! Right now they are NOT being enforced by the current administration. If the current laws are being broken and there are no convictions what good does it do to make up new laws that only pentalize law abiding citizens?

in the uk you can only ride a 50cc m/c scooter at16 30mph max after completing cbt cert of basic training with L plates no passingers alowed. at 17 you can ride up to a 125 on L plates no passingers alowed still on a cbt (that only stands for 2 years)then you need a retest and your bike is restricted to 11 bhp (this sucks)then on completing your test writen then practical you can have bike upto 33bhp for 2 years alough if the filth stop you they dont normally have a clue what bhp it is unless as one magazine said dont say the bike is restriced if you get stopped doing 130 on your 33 bhp R1 21 plus you can have any bhp
this is how f**ked up are laws are on bikes.
my boy is sixteen and i would not like think he had to rely on getting out of someones way with a bike that can only do 30mph with all the stupid car drivers in the uk hence the bike that can move. ps he has been riding bikes since he was about ten and he has good road sense

In England/UK, aren't you limited to 50cc scooters in your "learner" period? How long is that? A year or something?

Explains why we see the whole 50cc "scooter" performance technology scene in UK sport bike magazines, and the popularity of racing the little devils!

In Australia we have a 250cc limit for the first 3-6 months "learner", then 250cc limit for the next year "provisional", then open license. We have a lot of 250cc sports bikes around for that reason, but they are starting to limit the hp of learner 250cc bikes now by law, so to ride a RGV250 which makes about 65hp you need a full license!

You guys in the US take notice, only a matter of time before they start doing this to you as well, first helmet laws, then gun laws, then learning on small bikes only, then serious limits on bike horsepower... Then whole scale bans on certain "types" of bikes... Who needs to do over 70mph really? The police? Licensed racers? It only takes one upstart Senator who thinks cracking down on bike deaths will win him his seat and the whole mess starts.

Only a matter of time...

You got a point, but we can vote the sugarbritches out of office just as fast as we gottem in there. Motor racing is the number one sport in america and you dont good time with it. Even though im pro gun, i must admit that when kids or arayan sugarbritches go out and shoot innocent people at their whim we need to do something about it. I know im going to get flamed for that one. I shot ipsc for 8+ years and love tricked out guns and even have owned fully automatic sub guns and assault rifles but enough is enough.........

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 18 August 1999).]

Back