Speedometer sensor

billyerds01

Registered
My girlfriends speedometer is not working at all. We found out that the speedometer sensor is bad. If she keeps riding the bike will the ECU throw a problem code and flash it to the dash panel or could the ECU store that memory code internally to show that the bike has been ridden while the sensor was not functioning properly. Is it ok for her to ride the bike until we get a new one. We dont have any codes flashing at this time.

You shouldn't have a problem with it, just ride it. Are you sure it's the sensor? It could be a bad connection behind the speedo console???

We troubleshot it with another gauge cluster. We know its the sensor but just wanted to know if it would flash a code that we couldnt reset on our own,??? or be permanently memorized in the ECU. ???

Powers sounds like your positive? Ok we'll run it until we get a sensor just didnt want any memorized or flashing codes that we would have to pay to erase...

The speed sensor is about the only sensor on the bike that works independently, I just checked my manual for warnings or precautions, none listed. Looks like Powers knows his sensors:laugh::thumbsup:

When you say not working at all do you mean rpm, speedometer, turn signal, fuel gauge etc or just the miles per hour gauge? Because if the speed sensor is bad then only the miles per hour gauge will be affected. The wires on my speed sensor were kinked and broken and the only thing it affected was the speedometer. Everything else worked fine.

Back