spool thread size

papi_ocho

Registered
I saw some spools for the swing arm... pretty nice having the holes there already!

money in hand
monkey behind the counter

neither of us know what size to buy
8mm or 10mm

the 8 sits flush with the surface
the 10 sits about 1/4 raised off the surface

which one fits my bike. if either

stock swing arm!!

thanks ahead!!

Posted via my phone

Last edited:
I believe most suzukis are also 8mm, not just us.

Although thats just what i read on the packaging that says "Fits most Suzuki" :laugh:

lol.. those r the ones i was looking at buying

just worried that it sits flush with the surface and there may not be enouph clearance...

what r the chances anyone has pics of their spools mounted>>>

also i gave in and measured the holes with my tap and die set measuring thing...
did anyone tap their holes before installing them they almost looked painted.. but on the same note i wouldnt want to tap it and have the dam things fall out

just worried that it sits flush with the surface and there may not be enouph clearance...

also i gave in and measured the holes with my tap and die set measuring thing...
did anyone tap their holes before installing them they almost looked painted.. but on the same note i wouldnt want to tap it and have the dam things fall out

Ya - DONT tap the holes!!! My gosh boy! Suzuki did that at the factory. The little bit of powder coat in there won't bother your install. The holes are tapped to 8mm now. Both Gen I and II are the same. 8mm is the hole size(diameter) not the length.

Here is a pic of my Gen 2 with the HF 8mm spools installed.

100_0445 [800x600].JPG

Ya - DONT tap the holes!!! My gosh boy! Suzuki did that at the factory. The little bit of powder coat in there won't bother your install. The holes are tapped to 8mm now. Both Gen I and II are the same. 8mm is the hole size(diameter) not the length.

lol.. I wasn't gonna make it a 10mm I was asking about cleaning the threads using a tap. but I see what ur saying....

thanks for the help everyone! my next post is gonna be on

how HF sells the rear stand w/universal adapter
sell the fork adapter
sell the 8mm and 10mm spools

BUT DO NOT sell the spool adapter for their rear stand that would maybe match the spools

weird. confusing

anyone have any suggestions??

by the way I think the universal pads that came with the stand SUCK A$$! anyone have a different say-so?
Posted via Mobile Device

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Redline or Handy stands use the square stock adapters, Maybe they will sell the spool adapter seperate.

Or make your own spool adapters. just some 1" or 1.5" square stock whichever the HF stand uses and weld some 5/16" round stock onto it in a V shape. Kinda like Redline stands are. Or you can get some 2" thick flat stock and cut a U in it and weld it to the square stock. Either one works and is easy to do IF you have access to a welder..

I can't get the rear stand at my local HF

They have the conversion kit, spools, everything else, but no stand.

I just ordered a front / rear set off ebay instead.

handy sells the spool adaptors, Ian from Redline (board sponsor and great guy) can probably hook you up nicely as well :beerchug:

For reference, the handy stand is here Handy Industries Online Store

and spool holder
Handy Industries Online Store

think they are around $100 for front & rear stands. they work well, I've had a set for years now and still going strong. they arent the fanciest but work for what they are designed to do :thumbsup:

Is it just me still being in the holiday spirit, or does this look like a reindeer? ???

we must be sippin the same egg nog then :laugh: yeah it does... a little one or two more drinks and it will be Rudolph complete with the red nose :whistle:

Back